SAU Community

V35 Atracting Boy Racers

Ever since i got my v36 I've noticed that lesser performance cars like to go at it with me and try to race me when they can while the higher performance (more expensive) cars usually just cruise by.

Obviously people driving expensive sports cars are usually enthusiasts with no interest in street racing but people with cheaper sports cars like to show off but usually get smoked. But I also think people with real expensive sports cars are probably afraid to race a v36 or even a v35 since they dont know its true potential and dont want to lose riding a 100K+ sports car. I think the element of the unknown gives these cars street credit.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever since i got my v36 I've noticed that lesser performance cars like to go at it with me and try to race me when they can while the higher performance (more expensive) cars usually just cruise by.

Obviously people driving expensive sports cars are usually enthusiasts with no interest in street racing but people with cheaper sports cars like to show off but usually get smoked. But I also think people with real expensive sports cars are probably afraid to race a v36 or even a v35 since they dont know its true potential and dont want to lose riding a 100K+ sports car. I think the element of the unknown gives these cars street credit.

Naz,

you are spot on!

ever since i upgraded from the v35 to the v36, i have never been challenged to a drag.

Funny story of my first ever 'duel' a few years ago. I had my v35 for probably about 2 weeks and was excited to give it a little gas. there was this bmw 3 series following me (it was night time) and he def looked like he was asking for a drag. so.... at the lights and about 0.004 seconds later i saw him speed off. also, his car had a double twin exhaust and a little badge with 'M' written on it... WHOOPS

first race fail

Naz,

you are spot on!

ever since i upgraded from the v35 to the v36, i have never been challenged to a drag.

Funny story of my first ever 'duel' a few years ago. I had my v35 for probably about 2 weeks and was excited to give it a little gas. there was this bmw 3 series following me (it was night time) and he def looked like he was asking for a drag. so.... at the lights and about 0.004 seconds later i saw him speed off. also, his car had a double twin exhaust and a little badge with 'M' written on it... WHOOPS

first race fail

You got to watch those M badges, the real ones anyways. Although our arch-nemesis is the 335, this is the only car I want to beat one day. It is a quicker car but most 335 drivers are "older" and most likely wont challenge an unknown Nissan coupe with huge wheels and brakes.

Ahhh right, so that explains it the V36 has a bit more style, considring i swear I had never seen one of these cars on the road anywhere, in the last two weeks I've seen them all over the place, no V36's yet but plenty of V35's...

Completetly agree on the Coppers, i got pulled after 3 days with this car doing 93km down Burnt bridge creek, I live near buy and swearin my 4x4 I think I normally cruise down there at at least 100, as its a 3 lane bypass, neevr had a copper even blink. I was driving to teh speed limit and never even notice her creep past 90 on my way home, see the lights in the rear view mirroe tunr to my mate and say what does he want.

3point and $216 fine,... wouldnt nudge me to 89km and give a 1 point slap,i mean it was dark, no one around, empty road, no danger to anyone, not driving irrseponsibly.

I thne finally looked up the speeding rules for NSW, you lose your license for 45km over... WTF... In Uk everyonedrives min at 80mph on the motorway, upto 90mph average, you would need to be doing 160km to lose your license and be driving very dangerously... Even coppers drive at either 60mph or 90mph so they don't casue traffic jams as noone can over take them. max limit needs to be upped to ate least 130km on motorways.

Need to get this new car upto the track to see what she can do, otherwsie be looking at a 3month break to get my point s off my license..

Yes our laws sucks balls. I recently lost my license for 3 months but continued driving everyday. Funny enough I got pulled over on my last day of suspension for random breath testing, i was shitting my pants when he pulled me over thinking that im f**ked now but he didnt check my license and let me go.

Im always speeding, I know its bad and that even though i get away with it 99% of the time it only takes one big fine to f**k you over. I was also thinking of taking my car to the track and see its capabilities. Maybe one day.

Yes our laws sucks balls. I recently lost my license for 3 months but continued driving everyday. Funny enough I got pulled over on my last day of suspension for random breath testing, i was shitting my pants when he pulled me over thinking that im f**ked now but he didnt check my license and let me go.

Im always speeding, I know its bad and that even though i get away with it 99% of the time it only takes one big fine to f**k you over. I was also thinking of taking my car to the track and see its capabilities. Maybe one day.

This has saved me (combined with a RD) so many times. Not that i intentionally do it but sometimes you just concentrating on the road and your doign 8-15k over without knowing!! PM me if you wnna know more.

Cheers

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/349882-blinder-m47-laser-jammer-guide/page__p__5619174__hl__blinder+m47__fromsearch__1#entry5619174

So your cruising at a 160 and coppers with there radar gun ready to chase, and they see what? 0kph....

Give your car the full going over find your LIDAR blocker and give you 20pts on your license, court appearance and one mother of a fine. Like to see the parking sensor trick pull off if you were blatantly speeding....

Round Sydney theres not many places that I would exceed the speed limit, I regularly feel like chucking rocks at anyone doing 70 past my house which is a 50 zone, drives me insane wankers that speed up my road, given its the one where that sophie chick was run down twice, and the dicks speed up teh road, just to stop at the round about 30m past my house...

But on any dual carriageway double lane road the limits suck, 90 wtf.... I'll go with the other boys here and see let them speed past check for the coppers then run them down...

WOuld love to do a ROad trip round Australia, pack a CB radio, and get a staggered convoy and be able to radio out to each other to know when the coast is clear out on the open roads, in to deep back country NSW like out to Broken Hill and back.

So your cruising at a 160 and coppers with there radar gun ready to chase, and they see what? 0kph....

Give your car the full going over find your LIDAR blocker and give you 20pts on your license, court appearance and one mother of a fine. Like to see the parking sensor trick pull off if you were blatantly speeding....

Round Sydney theres not many places that I would exceed the speed limit, I regularly feel like chucking rocks at anyone doing 70 past my house which is a 50 zone, drives me insane wankers that speed up my road, given its the one where that sophie chick was run down twice, and the dicks speed up teh road, just to stop at the round about 30m past my house...

But on any dual carriageway double lane road the limits suck, 90 wtf.... I'll go with the other boys here and see let them speed past check for the coppers then run them down...

WOuld love to do a ROad trip round Australia, pack a CB radio, and get a staggered convoy and be able to radio out to each other to know when the coast is clear out on the open roads, in to deep back country NSW like out to Broken Hill and back.

Yeah cause where did i said i just cruise around at 160.... i said i rarely go over speed limit but sometimes it just happens.

You obviously dont know anything about lidar and radar cause radar gun CANNOT be jammed. And if they had RADAR gun i would know before they saw me so if i was stupid enough to be doing 160 i could slow down to speed limit. I will not turn this into a argument, i am most likely a safer and more aware driver than most. If you look into the LIDAR blocker it is actually a parking sensor, there is no trick, it has a 3 stage parking sensor alert FYI. Dont presume i am a hoon because i like to be more aware of the BS tactics the "speed" safety cameras have these days. Oh yeah, if the parking sensory happens to interfere with a laser signal it will automatically turn off in a few seconds

Edited by R6n350GT

so yesterday a IS350 zoomed past me looking for a race.

i didn't get a chance to get close to him because of the traffic

by looking at the stats, they are pretty similar in their numbers to a v36...

Yeah cause where did i said i just cruise around at 160.... i said i rarely go over speed limit but sometimes it just happens.

You obviously dont know anything about lidar and radar cause radar gun CANNOT be jammed. And if they had RADAR gun i would know before they saw me so if i was stupid enough to be doing 160 i could slow down to speed limit. I will not turn this into a argument, i am most likely a safer and more aware driver than most. If you look into the LIDAR blocker it is actually a parking sensor, there is no trick, it has a 3 stage parking sensor alert FYI. Dont presume i am a hoon because i like to be more aware of the BS tactics the "speed" safety cameras have these days. Oh yeah, if the parking sensory happens to interfere with a laser signal it will automatically turn off in a few seconds

Chilll, mate I want saying that you would do that, just wondering what the coppers would do if you flew past them and they got no reading, I assume they would tear your motor apart looking for something.

Agree to remove the casual 10-15km annoyance I guess its not so noticable to the naked eye, still would they get a reading?, would they pull you just because they were suspicious of no reading?...

Chilll, mate I want saying that you would do that, just wondering what the coppers would do if you flew past them and they got no reading, I assume they would tear your motor apart looking for something.

Agree to remove the casual 10-15km annoyance I guess its not so noticable to the naked eye, still would they get a reading?, would they pull you just because they were suspicious of no reading?...

ok now worries

If they have a radar then yes they will always get a reading but if you have a RD then u will know they are there before they can see you and get a reading

if they have lidar then for the first 6 seconds the parking sensors interfere with signal so they get no reading but after 6 sec they switch off and they get a reading, or i can manually turn them off straight away or after i adjust my speed so they still end up getting a reading but i get a head star notice to make sure im not day dreaming !

Edited by R6n350GT

so yesterday a IS350 zoomed past me looking for a race.

i didn't get a chance to get close to him because of the traffic

by looking at the stats, they are pretty similar in their numbers to a v36...

They are very similar, i think it will go down to which car has the better gear box and the driver. I would love to take one on I have seen a couple but I doubt many of them would try to take on a v36. Dam v36 why did it have to be so heavy.

I had my car for about 3 months now and not once did someone try to race me. I find this surprising as I do a lot of driving. Either way I wouldn't race.

You will eventually come across it one day, Mikhail. It's just a matter of time. Just don't put on a show for them as it will do you no good. It's not worth it.

I do can tell you, from my experience, people get surprise by us sometimes. They sped past me once at yellow light. All I did was put my foot down 3/4 of the way and caught up in no time. Also, only the crappiest V6 Commodores and Falcons are the ones I always come across looking for these runs on the public roads. I've never seen brand new R8 and FPV owners doing these.

Edited by VNS 24

• 4 weeks later...

You will eventually come across it one day, Mikhail. It's just a matter of time. Just don't put on a show for them as it will do you no good. It's not worth it.

I do can tell you, from my experience, people get surprise by us sometimes. They sped past me once at yellow light. All I did was put my foot down 3/4 of the way and caught up in no time. Also, only the crappiest V6 Commodores and Falcons are the ones I always come across looking for these runs on the public roads. I've never seen brand new R8 and FPV owners doing these.

i had an IS 200 and a N/A supra try to give me a run on a cruse on the weekend, they both where red P plate drivers and probs the 1st time they had seen a V35 as they are rare in my area. didnt bother with it as was on a cruse and you have to behave ur self or you dont get invited back

Edited by T4NK

• 2 weeks later...

Note to most JDM car owners - get over the notion of other drivers wanting to race u....if u dun pay attention, u won't even notice. when I had my GT-8 in VIP style and blinged, i thought i was "King D1ck" and thought everyone wanted to race me...with the extreme hooning laws in VIC, if u fall for the trap of wanting to race, it won't be long b4 u end up in trouble.

Having said this, now that I own a new widebody MY11 WRX, i've noticed ppl wanting to race me. I better remind myself of the 1st paragraph I just wrote...LOL

Note to most JDM car owners - get over the notion of other drivers wanting to race u....if u dun pay attention, u won't even notice. when I had my GT-8 in VIP style and blinged, i thought i was "King D1ck" and thought everyone wanted to race me...with the extreme hooning laws in VIC, if u fall for the trap of wanting to race, it won't be long b4 u end up in trouble.

Having said this, now that I own a new widebody MY11 WRX, i've noticed ppl wanting to race me. I better remind myself of the 1st paragraph I just wrote...LOL

Mate, don't tell me you are the owner of that yellow wide body Chargespeed STI hatch?? :P

Edited by VNS 24

no...just a stock standard wrx...they now come in widebody...

IMG00054-20110801-1347frontedit.jpg

excuse the flashing light...this is my site car...

Aww, ok. I know what you mean now. :)

MY11 WRX looks way better than the previous models. Good buy. :)

• 1 month later...

i had a P=Plater in a current shape hilux follow me home after i took him at the lights and i wasnt even trying and i have a 250GT sedan. lucky i have street lights around my area so i turned all my lights off, put the display screen down and ducked in and out through the back streets of my area that i know best.