SAU Community

Brake Combo For 2004 V35 Coupe

Hi everyone,

My brake discs and pads are getting changed in next service (96,000kms or 3 months time) and thought of changing to Brembo's or aftermarket's instead of stock ones.

I just want to know how you feel about them and the price. I am looking at spending about $1000 - $1500.

Any suggestions and experiences are much appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi everyone,

My brake discs and pads are getting changed in next service (96,000kms or 3 months time) and thought of changing to Brembo's or aftermarket's instead of stock ones.

I just want to know how you feel about them and the price. I am looking at spending about $1000 - $1500.

Any suggestions and experiences are much appreciated.

Thank you.

hey victor, for the price range your looking at brembos will have to be out of the question. you may be able to find one eg calipers etc but the dics or pads will prob be worn at that price. why not pm rs73? those rdas and greenstuff arent that bad and willl cost less than $1k. if you cant change them yourself, allow $250-$350 for installation.

edit/ also ive read somewhere before that the difference between the brembos and stock brakes isnt that massive. brembos are slightly better. if you're going to head to high hps/kws and taking it to the tracks then brembos or other aftermarket bbk is a must...however = more $. if you can find the new akebono? v36 brakes then that'll be awesome as ive heard good reviews about them.

either way if your cars just for a daily/w.e car then i suggest buying one of rianto.

Edited by xtc

My advice is stick to stock. Since u not tracking ur car nd u only use it as a weekend car.also u not gonna turbo or supercharge. So it wudnt seem worth it for u. If u realy wana upgrade then go for it.

you probably wont get much more from the brembo brakes on the street, but on the track they will offer much more thermal capacity and consistency. it really depends on what you want to do with the car.

+1 for RDA rotors. I havent used greenstuff pads before, but heard good things. Im a big Project Mu fan, for brakes.

are you referring to just the standard replacement disks made by brembo (for normal caliper)?? If so, you can get them from the US and it's still cheaper after postage. Don't know if there's significant improvement over stock rotors.

hey victor, for the price range your looking at brembos will have to be out of the question. you may be able to find one eg calipers etc but the dics or pads will prob be worn at that price. why not pm rs73? those rdas and greenstuff arent that bad and willl cost less than $1k. if you cant change them yourself, allow $250-$350 for installation.

edit/ also ive read somewhere before that the difference between the brembos and stock brakes isnt that massive. brembos are slightly better. if you're going to head to high hps/kws and taking it to the tracks then brembos or other aftermarket bbk is a must...however = more $. if you can find the new akebono? v36 brakes then that'll be awesome as ive heard good reviews about them.

either way if your cars just for a daily/w.e car then i suggest buying one of rianto.

Right, I will pm rs73 about that and see how much it will cost me.

Did you mean RDA's or DBA's? How about I use different discs/pads with Brembo calipers?

:P see how much us wa boys love you man? ill tell you what...spend the $1k from rianto and fitting. the other $500 you can spend of us for beers, snacks etc on next meet and greet. oh and the good advice. Edited by xtc

Right, I will pm rs73 about that and see how much it will cost me.

Did you mean RDA's or DBA's? How about I use different discs/pads with Brembo calipers?

whats the point? and yes RDA's

My advice is stick to stock. Since u not tracking ur car nd u only use it as a weekend car.also u not gonna turbo or supercharge. So it wudnt seem worth it for u. If u realy wana upgrade then go for it.

If stock and aftermarket are just $100 - $200 different per item, I just thought of having slotted or cross drilled instead of direct replacements for a change.

Good for the looks too. :P

:D see how much us wa boys love you man? ill tell you what...spend the $1k from rianto and fitting. the other $500 you can spend of us for beers, snacks etc on next meet and greet. oh and the good advice.

Haha. Lots of love, my man. :P

With using different discs/pads with Brembo calipers, I want to do Brembo brakes conversion on an auto V35 coupe, plus it will look good with red brake calipers & gold rims on white car. :P

In saying that, anybody knows if there is going to be issues if I go ahead and use different discs/pads with Brembo calipers?

Edited by Victor.T

you probably wont get much more from the brembo brakes on the street, but on the track they will offer much more thermal capacity and consistency. it really depends on what you want to do with the car.

+1 for RDA rotors. I havent used greenstuff pads before, but heard good things. Im a big Project Mu fan, for brakes.

Yeah, I am also a big Project Mu fan too (Always drowl over looking at Project Mu brakes on L8RSKY's coupe). But that's going to set me back around $5000 - $6000. :P

Edited by Victor.T

Haha. Lots of love, my man. :P

With using different discs/pads with Brembo calipers, I want to do Brembo brakes conversion on an auto V35 coupe, plus it will look good with red brake calipers & gold rims on white car. :D

In saying that, anybody knows if there is going to be issues if I go ahead and use different discs/pads with Brembo calipers?

the brembos on vs arent red they are gold. so are the 350z. if your looking for red then aftermarket ones will cost in excess of $5k

If stock and aftermarket are just $100 - $200 different per item, I just thought of having slotted or cross drilled instead of direct replacements for a change.

Good for the looks too. :P

dont go cross drilled. if you want to replace your rotors with stock or similar then slotted just gives that slight of a better stopping power and less heat.

Lol i knew he jus wanted those red calipers.haha. u can get cheap copies off ebay.

Anyways my brakes need to b changed was quotted 500 by nick at fabcar.oda places quotted me round 700. Have u spoken to him yet?

the brembos on vs arent red they are gold. so are the 350z. if your looking for red then aftermarket ones will cost in excess of $5k

Ok, I thought they were red.

Anyhow, I might also ask Fabcar to quote me a price on full set of Brembo as well, and compare the price with other products.

Yeah, I am also a big Project Mu fan too (Always drowl over looking at Project Mu brakes on L8RSKY's coupe). But that's going to set me back around $5000 - $6000. ;)

Project Mu make factory pad sizes in several types of friction material compounds. their 2 piece rotors ARE exy, but well worth it

ive combined RDA slotted rotors with project mu pads (NR and NS) and they were effing awesome. so much so that ive done it again with my stagea. i hope they arrive next week!

Lol i knew he jus wanted those red calipers.haha. u can get cheap copies off ebay.

Anyways my brakes need to b changed was quotted 500 by nick at fabcar.oda places quotted me round 700. Have u spoken to him yet?

Haha, yeah. Just another mod to do.

Yes, Nick told me that I need to change brakes/discs at next service and said $500 for slotted discs (I don't know if that's for just fronts or full set).

I just want to know other options. ;)

Edited by Victor.T

Project Mu make factory pad sizes in several types of friction material compounds. their 2 piece rotors ARE exy, but well worth it

ive combined RDA slotted rotors with project mu pads (NR and NS) and they were effing awesome. so much so that ive done it again with my stagea. i hope they arrive next week!

That's great. Is there any noise issues?

That's great. Is there any noise issues?

when they were hot the NRs made some noises, and dust was a bit of an issue. but they bit hard every time. this was on my S15s. they didnt squeal if thats what youre worried about?

This time ive gone for a lower temp pad because i wont be pushing the stagea as hard. there is a local seller too which is handy. Prices are pretty good IMO.

www.project-mu.com.au

if youre sticking with stock rotors, the series two V35s have larger brakes.

no i dont work there lol