SAU Community

Twilight Rallysprint- Motoplex

tricstar

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am i right in reading that its a L2S license, rollcage/harnesses type event or have i read the regulations wrong? I didnt see a price either.

The attached entry form should be completed in full and forwarded to the Event Secretary with the entry fee of $170.00

The Competitor and both crew members shall be required to hold a current CAMS Clubman Rally Licence or L2S or superior

I don't believe you require either rollcage or harnesses, just if they are installed then they will need to meet CAMS Regs.

Am i right in reading that its a L2S license, rollcage/harnesses type event or have i read the regulations wrong? I didnt see a price either.

My reading is that it is a Stage 1 event, which does not require a rollcage or harnesses, but if you have them, then they have to comply with Schedule J. The point that I was less clear on was whether just the driver needs a L2S licence, or whether the navigator does as well - which would seem daft, as the driver must drive 100% of the time. If the "co-driver" is to drive, they must do a separate entry.

I think.

I am sure "Speedaware" would be happy to answer queries.

I would love to do this, but neither the GTR or the Pulsar would be ready for next week or even December. I am not sure I could prepare either car adequately for January/February either. So maybe next year. Definitely keen on trying this kind of event, though.

Cheers. ;)

Edited by MLCrisis

if you've got any queries don't be shy to email Dieter he's been more than happy to answer questions. his details are on the website in regs

3.5km course will be good, nice long one, hoping to do them all..

Is Will driving, or are you sharing the drive ?

Yeah it'll be Will, bugger we'll be in the same class, doesn't look like it matters if you run semis or not..

oh well I'll have to try and make up some time on the straights.

as for the course, if you've ever done any of the little motorkana courses down there, apparently its all them joined up, including that little goat track between the strip and the roads over the back :P

I'll let you know after thursday..

as for the course, if you've ever done any of the little motorkana courses down there, apparently its all them joined up, including that little goat track between the strip and the roads over the back :D

I'll let you know after thursday..

Yeah, I thought the course would be something like that. Should be pretty good fun :P

Is Will driving, or are you sharing the drive ?

Will driving and we have a skinny ass co driver to save on weight , my job is team manager / mechanic :D

Edited by Dsturbd

Lets chuck in extra 35-40 kilos in your car :)

Mate I'm not on no diet, and remember its a GTR so no light weight :) but yeah no point carrying more than you have to, I'll be taking the spare out :D but thats about it..

did you get your turbo sorted after Shannons, that hurts, to have to pull out first thing, after shelling out $600 for the day?? :P

did you get your turbo sorted after Shannons, that hurts, to have to pull out first thing, after shelling out $600 for the day?? :)

LOL thanks for reminding me , lucky my shrink is on call 24/7 :)

night went well, pretty fast course, over 200kms in a couple of spots ( they were the only times I look down ) hard to see some of the corners in the dark, and a bit slippery on street tyres, but a shit load of fun, a few incidents more left on trailers than came on them and a lot came on them,

thought I was doing alright until I found out the sticky tyred, caged up Evos were 10 seconds quicker than my 2mins 35sec,

I'll post up some videos when I have a chance the edit it tonight maybe..

Yes was a good night , top 4 spots were Evo's . Good to see Bruce listened to our advice n dialled up the big launches , 1 nasty GTR :blush:

Franz 1st

Ross

Simon

Will

Awsome event and keen to run in the next 1