SAU Community

which oil pump

GTS500

hey just wondering which oil pump to use, have used n1 gtr pump till now but was told that they break at around 9000rpm and for what were doing should upgrade to a Trust or HKS pump any input would be good as both of these pumps were expensive last time i checked.

Price is not really the issue,but would not want to bolt one on and find out that i should of used the other type or this one has been known to fail just trying to get other peoples input before i go down this parth.(trust - hks)Any imformation would be good thanks guys.

Well i can tell you this in person but ill just do it here :D

HKS ones, from what i have read are the way to go. Worlds quickest GTR uses one, as do many many other hardcore GTR's

However, since ive only read about this and asides from a few engines not really seen or heard how they work on RB26's, perhaps its better to seek the opinion of someone more experienced then myself.

i'm running a trust oil pump in my car and i'm very sure that it will handle whatever you throw at it. i'm not sure about what the n1 oil pump will do, but i upgraded to this oil pump because i wanted the oil pressure increased to handle track work. works a treat...4 bar of pressure as the normal oil pump at idle, 6 bar at cruising and it hits 8 bar at redline. might be more, but the factory oil pressure gauge only goes to 8 bar.

actually it was speed work's in Osborne Park WA 08 9242 8888 ask for Ivan or AJ and they will both be very help full.On two ocassions now they have given better prices than the two main internet part suppliers.

Will let you all know how it goes once the motor is up and running.