SAU Community

Carbon Fibre Wrap Or Paint?

Councillor

Hey guys, come mid next year I'm looking to move back to NZ. Gonna be selling the R33 GTR and wanna do a few touch ups to tidy her up before I go.

Already got a nice Cat-Back exhaust so thats done. The next problem is that I have some sun damage on the roof and the wing of the spoiler. If I go the Carbone Fibre Wrap route, to cover the sun damage, I was also going to cover the hood, and the boot itself, so it would flow and not look silly just being the roof n spoiler.

I've inquired to a Graphics place, and was quoted $1100 to get it done. Seems pretty expensive so I got to thinkin about doing it myself, or maybe with some help if anyone on these forums has a big thirst for beer xD.

My other option is to respray the roof/spoiler. I'm not entirely sure how much this is gonna cost, gonna make some phone calls soonish. Just wondering what peoples opinions are? The Carbon fibre would make the car stand out and look different, but not sure if people would think its wank factor. Wheres the respray is the safer option I think?

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Karl

$1100 is pretty reasonable if you are getting bonnet, roof, boot and spoiler done.

I have got my roof wrapped at perth graphic centre for roughly $300 in gloss black.

I paid $400 to get my black roof sprayed for my skyline ages ago, with a wait of 3 days to get the car back where as you can take a few hours just for vinyl.

Also vinyl will last a long time if you treat it.

Im sure a lot of people will like the carbon fibre look. IMHO it doesn't look as good as gloss black.

Thanks for the replies guys. Now the issue is whether I try to find someone on Sauwa who has the skill and thirst or pay to get it done by pro people.

Anyone know of anyone got the skill n thirst? :P

hey mate, you should be able to do your roof, boot and spoiler yourself. Just buy some cheaper vinyl and practice, as for the bonnet you may want to pay someone to do it as you will have to join/splice two pieces together as the widest you can get would be 1220mm.

In my opinion I don't think its worth the money to do the bonnet as you will see the join no matter how good the applicator is.

post-36964-1289670693_thumb.jpgHi Contact Jonh Lyus (appealing) he`s in to this & have 3M carbon fibre wrap not a cheap product,

but if that`s what your looking to do 3M is the stuff ,

Cheer`s Chuckie.

Edited by chuckie