SAU Community

Aussie Delivered R32 Gtr's

Hi everyone,

Where is the best place to post my friend's maroon Australian delivered GT-R, stolen this past week from a bodyworks in Exeter, Tasmania? I have photos of the car, ID plates, everything, and I want word to get out there about it's theft in the hope that it can be recovered and the thieves caught. because it was not found wrapped around a tree or dumped and burnt, I fear it may have been stolen by somebody who knew exactly what it was.

Thanks,

Andrew

***STOLEN***

Further to my post above, I thought I'd list it all here (as it does relate to an Australian delivered GT-R), and hope that members here can circulate this information throughout the rest of the boards into the respective States discussions. Someone somewhere hopefully has heard something or is aware of something.

The theft occurred sometime on the night of 28 April, from a bodyworks in Exeter, Tasmania. The owner is devastated. As stated above, it's one of the 100 cars brought in to Australia. Police reports have been filed, etc, but there's no news on it. It was one of at least two cars stolen from this bodyworks overnight, in Tasmania. The poor owner is stuck in WA for work.

http://www.examiner.com.au/news/loca...t/2537712.aspx

The article got the value wrong on the GT-R (journalists, eh?). It cost $110,000 new, but clearly doesn't cost that today as we're all aware, although the emotional value of the car to the owner is easily worth that and more (he's had it for years and affectionally refers to it as 'the Datsun').

If anyone has any information about it (even a rumour or a whisper), or is offered parts from it, please call Crime Stoppers and please contact me via a PM here too. The owner is a quiet chap who looks on these boards occasionally, but this car is his pride and joy. To say he is gutted is a gross understatement.

Please, if anyone has any information whatsoever, call Crimestoppers and let me know so I can pass it on to the owner to follow up.

Thanks for any help any members can provide.

Cheers

post-9671-0-61250300-1335909891_thumb.jpg

post-9671-0-94308200-1335909912_thumb.jpg

post-9671-0-26553400-1335909930_thumb.jpg

post-9671-0-04103100-1335909946_thumb.jpg

Sorry to hear that andrew...I hope you recover the car and yes I agree that the thief knew exactly what he was looking at. Being a rare car like the ADM, I would think they are trying to line up a rebirth as it would be silly to strip the car for parts.

I would definitely advertise the car in this thread as it is starting to get some good exposure as well as in the Tasmania link:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/forum/27-tasmania/

I can't speak on behalf of fellow ADM owners here, however, I am more than happy to add a link in my sig which will point to the post you create...I'd use captive title such as "stolen adm gtr" to get the message across the entire forum

Thanks very much for the reply. I am not necessarily convinced that the car will necessarily remain in Tasmania....

The problem with me noting the car as stolen in another thread (like the Tasmanian sub-forum) is I don't want to 'spam' multiple sub-forums with the same information about the theft. I respect this place and its members so don;t wish to jam the news down members' throats, but am also such a technological primitive that I wouldn't know how to make a signature into a link back to post #524 above. Doh! Never mind.

Just spoke to the owner and he is resigned to the car being gone forever (he has also checked this page to see what I posted, and is grateful for the effort). Maybe the car has gone forever, but I'd love to be able to identify those responsible. Imagine how you'd feel if you came home from work or got up in the morning to discover your 'baby' gone from the garage. :angry::( There are some horrible people out there. I'd say something stronger but don't wish to be banned.

Marko, you can add ADM GT-R 16142, red pearl metallic, manufactured June 1991, to your database of ADM cars, and note its status as stolen. If anyone ever sees this car come up for sale any time in the future, please let me know....

Thanks to everyone who has viewed this topic and who keeps an eye out. I can assure you the owner sincerely appreciates it, even if he has now all but given up hope. :/ I won't post the theft of the car anywhere else on the forum, but if anyone wants to spread the word, please feel free to direct them back to this page.

Cheers,

Andrew

Very nice of you Marko to "shake the tree" so to speak > appropriate result (hoping).

Yes, I am very sorry. I should have acknowledged your extremely generous offer to spread the word. I apologise. Thank you for anything you can do. Terry, thanks for the gentle reminder. :blush:

I'm just offering what I'd expect if I were in this unfortunate circumstance.

Tell your friend not to give up as I built a datsun 1600 back in 98 with an fj20t conversion and only had it for 4mths...it was then stolen and I recovered it 7mths later. To cut a long story short, the rims were located on another car which was spotted by the previous owner and the damn things changed hands 4 times during this period BUT I got my dato back :)

7/91 - 16983 - Black Pearl

I bought it from Ken Morgan Kia in Moorabbin Melbourne in Nov 2002, reg ARTR32 (Anton Ardiansyah traded it in on Integra Type-R). I drove it back to Tassie, reg F1979. Sold it Nov 2009 to David Apswoude (never met him as he used a broker, Simon, from the Melbourne Nissan dealership) and it's now back in Melbourne. Last known reg was B83BW (Tas reg i sold it with).post-93483-0-68602500-1335964151_thumb.jpgpost-93483-0-98130500-1335964322_thumb.jpgpost-93483-0-48072300-1335964358_thumb.jpgpost-93483-0-45619500-1335964384_thumb.jpgpost-93483-0-28647900-1335964410_thumb.jpg

I would like to sincerely thank Andrew Richardson & Damien for their help in posting various photos of what was my BNR32.

sadly it was taken by someone who thought they needed it more than I did on Saturday night from a business in Exeter Tasmania, where it was for a bit of a general tidy up to the body.

My Datsun had undergone an engine rebuild at the end of last year, by Andy Kuc at Pro Austomtive in Hobart. It was kept at a relatively low level, N1 oil pump & collar modifications, CP forged pistons, 24 new valves, N1 turbos, Exedy clutch, splitfire coil packs, it was standard in the body usual Australian delivered things, Endless brake pads so it squealed like an MTT bus when the pads were cold. The original manuals and leather compendium.

the only modification was that Alpine speakers were fitted behind the grills in the front speakers, the stereo was even standard.

a material car cover was in the boot

I had owned the car for 12 ish years, I had wanted one since I saw Jim Richards road car and thought I will own one of them eventually. It was not much of an example when I brought it but I had steadily worked through the vehicle fixing and improving it as I went, when I could.

I have managed to collect quite a few pieces of Datsun memorabilia over time from the various motorsport news magazines from the period to all manner of posters and what I would loosely classify as Datsun rubbish, those that know me will be able to vouch for my odd scene of humor.

there are a variety of model datsuns numbering 100+ in total and some plastic models also, this will give you an idea that Datsuns are far from a recent fad with me.

Again thank you all for taking the time to read the information relating to my Datsun EP0937 Tasmanian reg. prior it was something like 325 GPP on a Queensland plate.

I was looking at E30 M3's and sierra cosworths to support my love for the best class in Circuit racing GROUP A, but now I have to grow up put it down to experience and carry on without the 'remains' of my Datsun.

Happy skylining

Cheers Alex

Hi Alex,

Have you spoken to the guys at the body works shop in detail? How many days was your car kept at the workshop? I hope I am not offending you as I am not sure of your relationship with this business, however, something sounds a bit odd here and I would heavily question these guys whether it is possibly an inside job. If it is, it definitely wouldn't be the first time..keep all options and possibilities open

Hi Alex,

Have you spoken to the guys at the body works shop in detail? How many days was your car kept at the workshop? I hope I am not offending you as I am not sure of your relationship with this business, however, something sounds a bit odd here and I would heavily question these guys whether it is possibly an inside job. If it is, it definitely wouldn't be the first time..keep all options and possibilities open

+1

...especially if you rock up at the workshop late in the day and there's a distinct smell of 'weed'.

just sayin'

Sorry to hear about your car Alex.

I would tend not to approach the shop. All you can do is claim on your insurance. And if you weren't insured then go for the business insurance. Making accusations probably won't get you anywhere and chances are they probably had nothing to do with it.

My brother had his car stolen out of a workshop 10-12 years ago. His insurance paid out the car but not all the parts in the boot to be fitted. He ended up getting a court judgement in his favour that the workshop had to cover the parts, but they ended up closing down and the principal left the country (I think he owed a fair bit of money to various parties).

The business insurance wouldn't cover it as the theives got access to the keys.

Edited by gtr fan

it will get legal but I am currently waiting for the Police investigation to run its course,

regardless of the amount of money either raised from insurance or using legal channels or a combination of the two it will NOT bring my Datsun back unfortunately :-(

to be brutally honest I am a bit over the whole scenario to be honest :-(

A guy from the old HJP group had his skyline stolen and burnt out this morning in Hobart so it could be worse I guess

Cheers Alex

The ADM list is now up to 65!

Red Pearl Metallic (30):

1. 8/91, 53 of 100 (#16907), QLD plates OZR32, owned by RBNT

2. 5/91, 27 of 100 (#16070), NSW plates GTR100, owned by AUSSIE_DELIVERED_R32_GTR

3. 8/91, 72 of 100 (#16930), VIC plates, owned by ZARDOS

4. 77 of 100 (#17161), VIC plates, owned by MAZ

5. With Hollandia sunroof

6. Mark Skaife's GTR as seen at the NSW Club, Gibson modified

7. Kerry Packer's GTR, NSW plates AZ?97H, sold privately, heavily modified

8. 6/91, 37 of 100 (#16117), WA plates, owned by jun 2.7

9. Former Linfox Transport Targa GTR #720 raced by Kevin & Peter Bartlett, 6/91, (#16141), QLD plates 151HHZ, owned by John_AUSGTR (prior plates were VIC EXD441)

10. NSW plates CHN032

11. As per magazine article, NSW plates ANO84F

12. Targa GTR #832 raced by Jim Richards & Barry Oliver

13. With NOS kit, NSW plates DIG04U

14. NSW plates SYNRGY

15. NSW plates KNETIC

16. Hills area of Sydney, NSW plates

17. Carlingford area of Sydney, lady driver, NSW plates

18. 18inch gold Simmons wheels, QLD plates

19. GMS race car no.1

20. 93 of 100, Sydney, Autosport customer

21. 36 of 100 (16107), VIC plates GTR500

22. Mark Skaife was given a GTR by Nissan

23. Jim Richards was given a GTR by Nissan, used in Targa Tassie a few times, colour coded Simmons wheels with bigger brakes. Former GMS mechanic stripped the brakes off the car and getting it ready for sale

24. QLD plates ONBAIL & now replaced with GDZILA, 447kw, T66 low mount setup with roll cage, 18” BBS LM gold wheels

25. Kier Wilson owned GTR, SA plates BB555D

26. Published in magazine in a handling test comparison with supercars, trade plates 25A1500

27. 76 of 100 (#17039), registered in VIC

28. As seen in autospeed article, bearing plates GTR111 (state unknown)

29. As seen @ CRD on the dyno, bearing NSW plates GDZILA with R34 GTR wheels, modified

30. 6/91, (#16142), TAS plates EP0937, major engine rebuild with N1 oil pump/collar modifications/CP pistons/24 new valves/N1 turbos/Exedy clutch/splitfire coil packs/Endless brake pads. ***NOW STOLEN***. Any further information please call Crime Stoppers and please contact ‘ajrichar’ via PM

Black Pearl Metallic (20):

1. 5/91, 21 of 100 (#16045), NSW plates ASU66U, owned by GTR FAN

2. 8/91, 78 of 100, VIC plates NURVUS, owned by GODZILA

3. 5/91, 14 of 100, QLD plates 322GTR, owned by brad_gtr

4. Tarmac Rally GTR

5. Parramatta area of Sydney

6. CRD built GTR with 1000+hp, ACT plates JUN

7. 5/91, WA plates GTR091

8. 5/91, NSW plates ABA20G

9. 1992 Australian Touring Car pace/safety car

10. 19 of 100, Sydney, Autosport customer

11. 87 of 100

12. Kerry Packer's GTR, gave to his friend, heavily modified

13. VIC plates OZGTR as seen at the Nats 2006

14. Jim Richards published article comparing factory GTR to Winfield GTR, VIC plates starting with ‘KB’

15. (#15973), likely Kevin Bartlett car as it was modified with roll cage, owned by GTROB

16. (#16034), advertised on shannons website, lot 10

17. advertised on shannons website, lot 9

18. (#16172) plates AUSGTR, owned by Ronin 09

19. 5/91, 19 of 100 (#16034) NSW plates ABA20G, owned by Rocket1466

20. 7/91, (#16983) had TAS plates F1979 & now resides in VIC with plates B83BW

Jet Silver Metallic (9):

1. 60 of 100 (#16942), NSW plates GO21LA, owned by Marko R1

2. Kier Wilson of Willall Racing's 8.7sec GTR with 1000hp, SA plates RH9

3. Brisbane area, not registered and driven anymore

4. Kerry Packer's GTR (#015994), he gave to his helicopter pilot who saved his life after heart attack (Nick Ross), heavily modified

5. As seen in the published track test @ Eastern Creek, NSW plates AEL16K, gunmetal grey Enkei wheels

6. 22 of 100 (#16048), VIC plates DWS, owned by smithy2167

7. 11 of 100, original owner Dale Breed, lightly modified with -7 turbos, full engine rebuild, AP brakes

8. 59 of 100, not modified, owned by John Murray & original owner lost his licence doing 165kph in a 100kph zone (at the age 0f 73!), registered in NSW

9. 5 of 100 (#15970), registered in WA with plates GTR32, for sale

10. 5/91, QLD plates NO1GTR, owned by Dazmo (chassis number does not exist on the build date list, 6F4KBNR32A0011273...11273)?

Racing livery colours (6):

1. GMS race car no.2

2. GMS race car no.3

3. GMS race car no.4

4. GIO race car no.1

5. GIO race car no.2

6. Blue & green Falken promotion GTR

Edited by Marko R1

Looking at the colour split thus far, it is interesting to see the following breakdown:

Red - 46%

Black - 21%

Silver - 13%

This doesn't take into account the race cars.

Hi Marko.......

You've done a great job with this register.

To enhance it further, we need to identify the VIN which then can be linked to the build number.

I'm just a bit concerned as to the amount of double /triple ups that may have occurred within the current register.

Ideally things we need to document are -

• VIN
  • Build Number
  • Colour
  • Mileage
  • Date of Awareness of the car's existence.
  • Modifications/ Changes
  • Selling Dealer
  • Number of Owners
  • Current Location - (State)
  • Historic Info

If you can think of other points of interest then all the better.

I know that's a hell of a challenge but wouldn't it be great if we could compile all that!

Cheers,

Bob.

Hi bob,

I would like to get granular with this list, however, will prove to be a major challenge with some people.

For example, I was looking at the black ADM gtr with JUN plates at CRD a while ago and the owner was quick to make it known that nobody looks at his car. It went to the extent that one of the mechanics whispered in my ear not to look at his car and he even had a smirk on his face because it was ridiculous. I looked at the owner and just laughed at him.

I do agree with you as well mate that we have double ups or even triple ups...

I should add that this was the previous owner so I'm not sure what the owner is like.

In the scheme of things, I should have told the guy that I have an ADM as well and that the owner of CRD (Jim) commented when he first saw my car that it was the cleanest example he has seen to date. Just to put him in his place.

Whilst I am bragging, when I first bought my car I picked up a part from SSS Automotive and the owner walked outside, asked me to pop the bonnet and he spent about 5min looking at the undercarriage etc, then propositioned with me if I'd sell the car and I said no. He then said he has a friend who will come down to the shop will pay 60k for it! I said thank you for the offer but its not for sale and I simply drove off.