SAU Community

V35 Gt-8 Lsd

rx3ip

Has anyone fitted an LSD on this model car .. can we use complete diff from a different car that just bolt in .. open diff is sucks

3.3 from a auto 350z is probably what i will end up using think they are lsd.

Taller so might get better mileage aswell.

3.3 from a auto 350z is probably what i will end up using think they are lsd.

Taller so might get better mileage aswell.

Hi Austin, Once you have done this , please post the results and are you sure that the 350z diff housing & mounting is the same as the gt-8 ?

youll need to have your speedo re-calibrated if you do this

Im not overly concerned about that.... i own a radar detector and cruise around at 130kph everywhere anyway.

Also my car is running 265/35/18 on the rear this is probably like nearly 30mm under size diameter wize compared to stock. I havent looked at the calculations..... could be intresting.

Im not overly concerned about that.... i own a radar detector and cruise around at 130kph everywhere anyway.

Also my car is running 265/35/18 on the rear this is probably like nearly 30mm under size diameter wize compared to stock. I havent looked at the calculations..... could be intresting.

The factory LSDs (viscous) are not very good anyway. Probably an improvement over a truely open diff, but i'm not sure if its worth your time and effort.

You might as well grab something a bit more serious.

On that note, I have a second hand 2-way (centre only) kicking around somewhere if anyone wants it. To suit 6 speed manual. Not sure if it can be adapted to the auto or not. $400 posted. Not very street friendly but absolutely transformed the car.

The factory LSDs (viscous) are not very good anyway. Probably an improvement over a truely open diff, but i'm not sure if its worth your time and effort.

You might as well grab something a bit more serious.

On that note, I have a second hand 2-way (centre only) kicking around somewhere if anyone wants it. To suit 6 speed manual. Not sure if it can be adapted to the auto or not. $400 posted. Not very street friendly but absolutely transformed the car.

I have a nismo rear 2 way nismo centre and nismo 1.5way in my PULSAR GTIR no way in hell am i putting one of those noisy clunky pos in my GT8 the stock viscous is perfectly fine for my driving with this car.

I personally do not think that there is much difference between the stock open diff and the stock viscous diff. The latter is obviously preferrable but I wouldn't bother going to the effort of fitting one.

Anyhow. I agree that a nismo unit (or similar) isnt for everyone, hence why I had mine removed.

The carbonetics 1.5 way seems nice. Friendly enough for the street. Supposedly you need to drop the oil every 5,000 kms though.

• 5 months later...