SAU Community

R34 Snorkel Dimensions

leer34

Hey guys. im going to make a new snorkel for my R34 GTT that fits around my aftermarket FMIC piping, but mounts up in the same position as the stock snorkel. Only problem is that i no longer have an intact stock snorkel. So would appreciate it if someone who has one could measure the height of it so i can make sure it will clear the bonnet when i close it.

thanks

This bloke does: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/R3...&hl=snorkel

:-)

I'd be keen to know if the snorkel would fit on an R33 stock airbox.

haha, that he probably does, he might charge me $90 just to measure it but :blink: i might just ring a jap wreckers and get them to measure it up.

dont take my word for it but im pretty sure an r34 one wouldnt fit, at least not without some extensive modification to it, i think the air boxes face the opposite direction

May I ask why you want a snorkel on your car?

yes you may..well i just want to use the stock airbox, due to too many hassles with getting defected, so i pretty much just want to make a snorkel the same as the factory one, but shaped slightly differently so the it will fit around the aftermarket intercooler piping.

i was going to run a pod and make a heat shield and intake the feeds from the bottom of the bodykit but people are still getting defected even with their pods covered.. open to suggestions bout this if you have any other ideas?? at the moment it is running the standard airbox but its just breathing straight out of the engine bay so cant imagine it would be working too well