SAU Community

R34 Gtt Hesitation While Cruising

so_tred

Over the last few weeks gradually getting worse my R34 GTT has had an issue where I'll be slowly accelerating/cruising along and the car will hesitate for a second. It feels like when the TCS system kicks in and cuts the power but for a shorter time.

At first I was thinking it could be the CAS or something like that but last night whilst driving (with TCS turned OFF) it did it a few times and then the SLIP light came on and stayed on until I turned the car off & on again. I'm wondering if the TCS is for some reason malfunctioning.

(The car had splitfires installed approx 50,000km's ago as well as new platinum plugs)

Any ideas or similar situations?

Edited by so_tred

Sorry for hijacking - this could help u if its not TCS related -

I had that infamous flat spot between 4700-5400 rpms, the car would also hesitate for a sec in fifth gear around 3rps when booting it, although my TCS doesnt work at all - no light on dash at all.

Changed to 0.8mm gapped NGK copper plugs, left my standard coils in. No change to above problem.

Then yesterday after reading a few bits on SAU, I reset my ECU - take off the battery terminals, stab the brake pedal a few times (brake light on/off) to drain off all the charge, then re-connect and go for a drive.

I'm just amazed to say after the ECU reset - the flatspot is almost completely GONE, not only that, the car feels so fresh, crisp and very quick to rev and GO!!

Took it to a workshop yesterday who pulled the error code for the AFM.

It was cleaned etc, drove it this morning and I didn't really feel the hesitation but the SLIP light once again came on.

Is it a symptom of a dying AFM? It just seems like two very different systems?