SAU Community

Gt-R Driver Dies, Injures 14 Others

http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1052749_nissan-gt-r-driver-suffers-fatal-crash

Car looks pretty rough, must have been a bad one.

We’ve reported on plenty of supercar crashes in the past but apart from a few egos, and possibly wallets, being hurt, everyone is generally okay in the end.

This time we’re sad to report that a 31-year old German man suffered a fatal crash in a Nissan GT-R while going around a dangerous curve in the Eppan region of Italy. Another 14 people in the bus he collided with were also injured, with everything from small cuts and abrasions to cervical trauma being reported.

From the amount of damage inflicted on the front-end of his dark grey GT-R it’s safe to assume the driver must have been traveling at some speed when the accident occurred. It took rescuers hours to free the driver from the mangled mess but he was already dead by the time they got to him.

Stories like this once again highlight the important fact that high-speed driving should be reserved for track days only and not public roads, no matter your skill level--real or perceived--behind the wheel.

Aren't we assuming that the GT-R driver is solely at fault?

I can't see where it says the bus driver isn't at fault?

Both could have been speeding eh what?

Or perhaps the bus driver was on 'speed'?

Have you ever wondered when you're driving your 'Line, that if some idiot ran into you, you'd be the one who's wrongly presumed at fault? I have! >_<

Aren't we assuming that the GT-R driver is solely at fault?

I can't see where it says the bus driver isn't at fault?

Both could have been speeding eh what?

Or perhaps the bus driver was on 'speed'?

Have you ever wondered when you're driving your 'Line, that if some idiot ran into you, you'd be the one who's wrongly presumed at fault? I have! pinch.gif

I don't think the bus driver is at fault. If the bus driver is at fault, there will be lots of witnesses on the bus that will say how the bus was driven.

Maybe the GTR driver fell asleep, or drunk behind the wheels?

Edited by Victor.T

I don't think the bus driver is at fault. If the bus driver is at fault, there will be lots of witnesses on the bus that will say how the bus was driven.

Maybe the GTR driver fell asleep, or drunk behind the wheels?

By the time it was reported VT, it's all heresay.

The only people that know will be the GT-R driver, the bus driver and the person in the jumpseat > and one of those is dead.

By the time it was reported VT, it's all heresay.

The only people that know will be the GT-R driver, the bus driver and the person in the jumpseat > and one of those is dead.

Who's in the jumpseat?? :P

Anyhow, the point is, if GTR driver crashed it like the news said (Over speed, etc.), he deserved it.

But if it was the bus driver's fault (Or just an accident, like insufficient road lighting, etc.) and the other car involved was a high-performance car (People started jumping into this band wagon of Fast car = Hoon), then the news is S**t.

Either way, 1 good car off the face of the earth. :(

Considering he's hit a bus which is basically has a chassis built like a battering ram its no wonder the car looks so stuffed. Even if the two vehicles were doing 80km/h, the kinetic energy of a frontal colision is going to make the gtr look very 2nd hand. He may as well have hit a concrete wall at 160. Same kind of effect.

The accident happened on a curved road so who is to say the bus wasnt on the wrong side of the road. I frequently drive a near by range and trucks and long vehicles are always crossing double lines torward oncoming traffic around blind corners. The do this so their trailers/rear wheels don't fall off the road at the apex of the corners. Still knowing this happens doesnt stop you from occasionally having near misses, and accidents happen quite frequently. They have lowered the speed limit to 60km/h now to reduce the number of fatality incidents.

Have you ever wondered when you're driving your 'Line, that if some idiot ran into you, you'd be the one who's wrongly presumed at fault? I have! >_<

Im with Terry on this one. A mate was driving along at the speed limit in an import in townsville a few years back. He passed through an intersection that had a green signal, and was t-boned by an ambulance that ran a red signal. When emergency services arrived and the cops they interrigated him and tried to get him to take the blame for causing the accident while he was still in shock, and before offering medical assistance.

This would be the brotherhood of public servants watching each others backs, and trying to get the driver of an import to take the blame for doing absolutely nothing wrong. Fortunatly his mother was in the car and was a witness to the fact he wasnt speeding, and did indeed have a green traffic signal.