SAU Community

Remote Start Question..

Mark UK

Hi all, I'm new to the forum but from the UK.. not many people here know anything about this car so I've come here instead..

I have found some really helpful info reading this forum.. so hope someone knows what is wrong with my car..

It has the factory fitted Nissan remote start.. and did work until I left it to run for 5 - 10 Mins, and it turned off by itself.. and since then it refuses to work.. it doesn't light the dash or toot the horn to warn me of any door open/park brake not on etc..

I've checked every fuse in the fuseboxes, tried the switch on the kick panel in both positions, am told this is something to do with remote start..

Can anyone please help?

Nissan never made a factory fitted remote start Mark, so get down to an auto electrician and get it ripped out. They're good for wank value and not much else.

For The M35 stagea's did come factory with remote start as an optional extra, Australia is "meant" to take them out for compliance as it is illeagle to have a car running without the driver in the drivers seat.

mine has the Nissan Model Number plaque on the remote and the module in the kick panel.

Try changing the battery in the remote. I remember this happened in mine once. I unplugged the loom and the antenna from the module and plugged it back after a couple of hours, got mine working..

The reason it doesnt work after that is because it fouls if you leave it on.. sort of like an error code

dealer fitted option you mean. as the car rolled of the line they did not have it.

remove it before it strands you somewhere as those usually have some sort of immobiliser tied in with them as well.

Sounds about right.

I've nenver had any problems with it immobolising, when the remote start didnt work at one point it would start no worries with the key. Thanks for the advice though would really like to know if this particular one has an immobiliser. its too hard to find the manual though!

Thanks for the replies.. it is definitely original Nissan, maybe not factory fitted but definitely dealer fitted. It's an s1 stagea with the separate remote with telescopic antenna .. it hasn't stopped the car running so not immobilised.. will try disconnecting the module overnight and see what happens..

Thanks for the replies.. it is definitely original Nissan, maybe not factory fitted but definitely dealer fitted. It's an s1 stagea with the separate remote with telescopic antenna .. it hasn't stopped the car running so not immobilised.. will try disconnecting the module overnight and see what happens..

same one!

should work good luck!

Nissan never made a factory fitted remote start Mark, so get down to an auto electrician and get it ripped out. They're good for wank value and not much else.

i have a remote start in mine, well it came with one aftermarket ofcorse...

id leave my heater on the night before, aswell as the seat warmers. so on them cold mornings before work id remote start it whilst in the house... and by the time i got changed n put my shoes on. was nice and toasty!!! lol

yes... im a pansy i dont deal well with the cold lol

i have a remote start in mine, well it came with one aftermarket ofcorse...

id leave my heater on the night before, aswell as the seat warmers. so on them cold mornings before work id remote start it whilst in the house... and by the time i got changed n put my shoes on. was nice and toasty!!! lol

yes... im a pansy i dont deal well with the cold lol

lol the seat warmers arent good for males.. dont ask why, i just head it does something to our balls lol

i just head it does something to our balls lol

I think you mean "heard"... changes what you are saying completely :P

Yeah, overheats them and kills all of your swimmers...

Plus it can lower your sperm count over time and can cause varicose veins in extreme cases :mellow:

I think you mean "heard"... changes what you are saying completely :P

Yeah, overheats them and kills all of your swimmers...

Plus it can lower your sperm count over time and can cause varicose veins in extreme cases :mellow:

yeh it wouldnt let me edit! i thought no one would notice. I forgot you!

Where have you been

yeh it wouldnt let me edit! i thought no one would notice. I forgot you!

Where have you been

Christmas->New Years period is pretty bloody crazy for us, plus my Stag has been up on ramps for most of it :(

All fixed now though.

Mark, sorry mate, I know nothing about the remote start either

Edited by iamhe77

is this what you got on your series 1. the nissan factory optioned remote and controller box came off my car for compliance, maybe a dayz option, i just have to remove the antenna from under the mirror. pm me your addy and i can send it to you if you pay for postage. :thumbsup:

can be very useful in the cold. we've had 3 days of 40 degrees in WA. no use to me. your lucky im in a good mood.

dsc001641.jpg

/ thread.

Edited by dirtyRS4

Christmas->New Years period is pretty bloody crazy for us, plus my Stag has been up on ramps for most of it :(

All fixed now though.

fair enough hope the cars good now, catch up soon dude.

Finally got you, do you have your period lmao

is this what you got on your series 1. the nissan factory optioned remote and controller box came off my car for compliance, maybe a dayz option, i just have to remove the antenna from under the mirror. pm me your addy and i can send it to you if you pay for postage. :thumbsup:

can be very useful in the cold. we've had 3 days of 40 degrees in WA. no use to me. your lucky im in a good mood.

dsc001641.jpg

/ thread.

thats the one in mine too!!

All fixed now though.

hahahahah :nyaanyaa:

All fixed now though.

hahahahah :nyaanyaa:

lol, you neglected the word "crazy"