SAU Community

Baffled Oil Catch Can

willsy

hi all just gauging what the interest would be for proper baffled oil catch cans i havent made any yet to show the actual artical but i have designed them so u get the general idea of wat they would look like. and depending on that is whether they will sell any good now i have looked at many on the net in aus and over seas and have seen there is many differnt designs and prices for said items wat i would be making is something with either weld on dash ends or npt fittings depending on the indervidauls needs as well as airfilters as well but i can of course change things to suit space requirements thanx all any feedback would be gr8.

Punctuation would help people understand what you are saying.

Nobody likes reading walls of text.

well sorry didnt realise i was still at school in english class.

basically what i'm interested to know is whether people would be interested in buying alloy baffled catch cans, made in australia rather than buying something from overseas. All will be tig welded with your choice of dash an fittings or npt. If people need i also have access to braided line, the fittings u may need but u will have to tell me what u would like in order for me to do that

• Like 1
  • Nope 1

• 4 weeks later...

well sorry didnt realise i was still at school in english class.

basically what i'm interested to know is whether people would be interested in buying alloy baffled catch cans, made in australia rather than buying something from overseas. All will be tig welded with your choice of dash an fittings or npt. If people need i also have access to braided line, the fittings u may need but u will have to tell me what u would like in order for me to do that

I think the question comes down to price and how custom it will be, if its just a tank then the cheap china stuff is fine, but if your going to make something that can be installed into an unused section of the engine bay, or something like the RIPS R33 one that combines the catch can, washer bottle and overflow bottle then you might get some interest, a bit of research of whats available, which ones people want and how much cheaper you can do it for would be a good place to start, once you have something maybe try a group buy and get an order for 5-10 at a time.

• 1 month later...

The RIPS ones are custom built to order AFAIK. So it all depends on what you want.

From what i gather, something like mine, witch is a washer bottle and catch can with fittings and lines will set you back anywhere up to and beyond $600NZD.

MetalcastHigh.jpg

Sorry the pics not a closeup, its all i have of mine.. haha