SAU Community

Hicas

Ninja gts25t

i have heard of people finding their steering to be heavier after fiting the lockbar but then there is no movement in the rear wheels anymore

when i fitted the lockbar i went down and got a four wheel allignment and afterwards found the car to be more predictable when cornering under power (in a controlled enviroment of course) and noticed no difference to the feel of the power steering

the only thing that changed was the hicas light stayed on easily fixed by removing the globe

have a look in the diy section of the forums im sure all this will have been covered along with a guide on how to fit the lockbar

On the 32's, the HICAS was a hydraulic system running off the same power steering pump, etc as the front steering.

On the 33's, it's a fully electric system, completely separate from the front power steering, so unless someone stuffs something up terribly, your standard power steering won't be affected.

in the R32's there is a control unit which is under your parcel shelf if u remove or unplug that, ur steering will go hard like u dont have power steering. i dont know about R33's - sell R33 buy R32 problem solved

33s have speed variable power steering , softer at low km , harder at high km

depending on how hicas is cancelled you will lose the variable part and only have the harder setting

R32's have the speed sensitive steering too.

Heavy steering is usually a HICAS fault, common causes are removal of the HICAS control unit and incorrect alignment of the clock spring behind the steering wheel (steering angle sensor).

P.S. ditch HICAS, the car will be more predictable and safer on the edge.

my hicas seems to be a little bit weird... does it's check sometimes when im just cruising down the road (happened both times around doing 60km/h)

which in turn makes the butt end of my gtr shake and is quite a dodgy feeling when your car does that... is it easy to still remove hicas on 33gtr's? same business or a little different?

super hicas, hicas, its all the same shiz, there are few ways of doing it tho, some ppl are happy jsut to put in a lock bar, some ppl remove the whole system lines, fuse/relay etc

u can buy shitty chinese ones, or for about $50-$80 more u can buy urself a good one.

talk to Jeremy at styled 2 race he got me in my whiteline one