SAU Community

Throttle Sensor Problems

whistla

hey ya'll

as most skylines owners know, the 33 has a bit of a stalling problem

most would say theres a vacuum line problem, some would say your afm for suuuree

now iv draw the conclusion that i have a throttle sensor problem

after installing my new version 4 Wolf3d (plug in and play) iv noticed that the throttle position display is saying eratic things like it claims it open at 30% when in fact i dont have my foot any where near the throttle

from logic, i suspect that the computer thinks that the throttle is open therefor supplying more fuel resulting in a stall when infact the throttle isnt open at all

would this make any sense?

the guys that installed the unit tell me that its most definantly the problem

has anyone replaced their sensors before?

how much?

nb. rb25det have two TPS's one for large increments and one for finer points

The TPS is 2 units in one.

The first bit is 2 simple on-off switches, 1 tells the ECU that the throttle is closed, the other tells the ECU that u have WOT. In between, it tells the ECU nothing.

The other bit is a position SENSOR, which tells the ECU how much throttle you have applied. It is fully variable from 0 to WOT.

Is it possible that the Wolf is reading the SENSOR and not the SWITCH (or vice versa)? Also, from memory of the v3.0, the Wolf ECU needs to be adjusted to tell it where 'closed' and 'WOT' are.

If someone else installed it, and they agree that its the problem, then they should be making it right. The Wolf installation manual should be able to tell you if the Nissan TPS is compatible or not.