Fit And Spray Cost

buzzboy

Hey guys

Just got a quote back from a shop to:

Cut and shape

Fit

Paint - stock white

Price - 1300

There is an item on the brake down called FRONT B/B - 300 . I have no idea what that is for so I will need to ask the guy about that

Any way is 1300 a decent price to fit and spray a aftermarket fiberglass front bar for an r33???? I was expecting 600 - 800

sounds a bit rich to me... I got $250 to paint a fibreglass bonnet and fit aerocatch bonnet locks

Id expect $1300 to fit and spray a whole kit, maybe get some more quotes...

That sounds expensive to me! Got Quote $300 to respray my front bar (i supplied the paint and the thinner / clear) he supplied the primer and the undercoat $160ish for Thinner / Clear / 1 L of paint (he only used about 300ml for the whole front bar 400R apparently Midnight Purple spreads really well (have lots of paint left over) and i got quoted $80 to fit.

Should only cost you $500ish fitted! (midnight purple is $118 per liter, stock white will be much cheaper)

Yeah dude way too expensive.. I'd say that Front B/B would stand for Front Bumper Bar but who knows.. Maybe they quoted you for spraying a whole kit and then just broke it down to front bar only if you wanted to go ahead with the front bar only?

And do yourself a favour.. Go get more than one quote so you can compare..

Edited by .:: GimpS-R34 ::.

Where you get the quote from? Looking to fit a new front bar and sideskirts and one panel place quoted me about $360 max for fitting only. Trying to get more quotes.

That sounds expensive to me! Got Quote $300 to respray my front bar (i supplied the paint and the thinner / clear) he supplied the primer and the undercoat $160ish for Thinner / Clear / 1 L of paint (he only used about 300ml for the whole front bar 400R apparently Midnight Purple spreads really well (have lots of paint left over) and i got quoted $80 to fit.

Should only cost you $500ish fitted! (midnight purple is $118 per liter, stock white will be much cheaper)

• 2 weeks later...

Got that quote from DT Panels in Springvale they said $80 assuming that there will be no modifications made if it needs to be altered they will change you extra! my bumper didn't need to be altered, it was fitted on the car before i just needed it refit it which i actually ended up doing myself with a few mates. also got quoted by DT Panels $300 for spray and fitment of side skirts 400R on my r33 which i didn't end up doing i currently have M-Spec ones!

Edited by DarkRyda