SAU Community

Fumoto Oil Drain Valve

Owens

I've always wondered if something like this existed, and it does! (and no, this isn't a spam bot) :P

Anyone had experience with these before?

http://www.fumoto.com.au/info.htm

fumotovalve.jpgvalve2.jpg

Basically it permanently replaces the drain plug on your oil sump, so then all that is required is opening/shutting the valve to drain your oil out.

I've read around and people claim them to be quite bullet proof, and there are "distinct" 2 movements you have to do in order to open the valve, so no rocks or debris could easily fly up and bump it open.

They also claim to be installed as OEM in Fords, Toyotas, Freightliners, Caterpillars, etc. and wernt really available to public consumers until recently.

Anyways, I've just ordered mine. They are $33 each + $8 postage. I got the F-103 model to fit the RB26 plug thread which is 12mm-1.25.

• 6 months later...

Just ordered one for my car then. I also read that you can get them with a nipple, instead of just a straight hole. So you can attach a small hose and syphon it into bottles, or around suspension components if your car is awkward (i.e. not a Nissan :P). Genius idea. They advise you to secure the lever with a zip tie or hose clamp should you have an off-road vehicle or are super-paranoid. But could you imagine someone that doesn't like you coming and sticking his arm under you car.... :S

Alas, I'm sold!

I just did my first oil change since putting the valve on. I have to say it's so easy to just jack your car up, slip a bucket underneath and open the valve up.

Dion. Great to hear. Hopefully more will pick on these. The valve leaver is spring loaded, so it will be pretty difficult just to tap open. When you receive yours you'll know what I mean.

I've had a fair few PM's about how big it is and how far it sticks out. I think there's alot of speculation around this and are worried about it getting 'knocked', so I decided to take a couple photos during my oil change.

It's only 1cm longer than the original sump plug. And as you can see, it's still higher up than a lot of other things underneath the liner!

post-47343-0-13311200-1312289369_thumb.jpg

Guessing answer is yes, but can anyone confirm that RB25 is same as RB26?

Yeah mate, all Nissan sump plug threads post 1990 are the same - 12mm x 1.25mm. If you order on their site you'll find the product code is F-103 from memory

Edit: I'll amend my statement. There are a few exceptions like Patrols, Sentras and Stanzas. And if you want the nipple-type valve, you suffix your code with an 'N'. So, F-103N.

Edited by fastjetjockey