SAU Community

Amp Installs Help

SS-

Hi iv been having problems with my amp to HU

i have a pioneer DEH-3350UB

and i cant find the AMP on for the headunit if anyone could get me a manual on it or advise me i would appreciate alot

thanks

Hopefully there's only one spot on the plug it can go, you'll just have to find a way to stop it falling out again

if theres more than one spot it can go you'l have to find out which one first, maybe someone with a similar model could post a pic of the plug 4 ya or duck into your local car audio shop

cheers

bundy

okay so i got it all working amp power on but when i turn the car on there no music :s

so i disconnected the remote wire and music started playing agian but now when the remote wire is connected the amp doesnt turn on?

hmm, bit different

So are you putting a new system in or is it an existing system thats playing up? What model Amp?

cause it sounds like somethings seriously cross wired, assuming you put the blue/white wire in the right spot

Sounds like it might be worth getting a pro to look at it rather than risk damaging anything!

I think its an alpine 4 channel amp

the blue white wire is correct i got some friends to look at it but they don't see why its not turning on they recommened changing the fuses which i did but nothing

and yes a pro would be good now haha

only other thing I can thing of is maybe there's a setting in the deck that turns the onboard amp off when an external amp is senced on theat blue/white line

A temporary fix would be to hook the amp's remote line to the Accessories line for now ( put in a small fuseholder/fuse, say 1A, inline )

Edited by BundyBear

• 2 weeks later...

all that amp on is, is a 5a(i think) 12v power signal, so you can run a thin 14awg wire like this: batt > switch > amp, and jsut flick the switch when you wanna turn it on, else just run a wire from + on your amp to the remote connection but your amp will stay on

• Nope 2

• 2 weeks later...