SAU Community

Goodbye R33

Hello all

Havn't been on here for a while been busy as usual, but do regret to say that I've just sold my skyline last month but still have it

til next month when my new car arrives I got $8500 trade in for it, I just bought a brand new 2011 Nissan 370Z coupe with 6sp manual in the carbon silver (dark silver)

with the 19inch rays alloys, I'm going to miss the skyline big time sometimes during bad times it was the only reaon why I got up in the morning with the drive to work in it

going to miss the turbo rush as well, but it just got to the stage where I was spending far too much money on it and I am trying to save for a house as well but now thats gone

out the window again with this new car oh well, I think this new car will be lasting me a long long time, but I will always have the good memories of

the skyline, and will always have a place in my heart for one maybe years down the track I might be able to afford another skyline as a weekend car but thats wishful thinking at the moment.

Thanks for all the help and advice that you guys have given me over the years that I've had the skyline.

Thanks again.

All the best with your new replacement.

I'm sure you've got some nice pics to go with those happy driving memories?

I wonder why you'd buy a new 370Z whilst the 370GT is on offer; thus saving some moolah for your house?

Yes I do have a lot of photos of the skyline, in fact probably hundreds of photos

and to answer why I bought the 370Z is I've always been interested in the Z's I was initially looking at

geting a second hand 350Z but decided to bite the bullet and get the latest, also my Dad bought a brand new Z in 1977

the 260Z, so I guess in a way now its my turn to own a Z.

Though I sincerely hope I dont acheive the same outcome he did, he wiped his out 12months later and nearly lost his life

he got t-boned right in the drivers side door, the only thing that saved him was the side intrusion bars in the door that had

just came out as a safety feature back then, I've got a few photos of his stacked Z and believe me it aint pretty, But he's kinda

excited as well as I am that I'm getting a new Z.