SAU Community

Melbourne Motorshow

prae

Just wondering if there was anything that caught your eye/worth looking at this year at the Motorshow..?

Heading out with friends this friday, and just wondering if there's anything decent?

thanks in advance~! :P

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Joss concept car would be worth a look - checkout web for whats on etc.

I should be going this weekend...

Here's the TOP 10 from carpoint: http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/Minisite/si...ory.asp?ID=5865

Carpoint site: http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/Minisite/si...ory.asp?ID=5687

Here's the main site: http://www.motorshow.com.au/

r390/ferrari... didnt impress me much.

nothing there really did... i took some pics... the only thing i saw that was reasonably worth a look was the SS-T Sidstep ute which i would assume is going into production for export to the US as the "Alcamino"

yeah thats about the only thing... altho i got scalded by my GF for perving too much lol

i couldnt help it... those alfa girls were damn fine... one in particular

point taken :D

friend's have their girls with them, so they'd be scalded..pwned~!

being single does have its advantages :P

and its disadvantages :D

but in this case, :D

thanks for all replies

i went last night

classic quotes from the subaru stand

teenage guy: walks over to the wrx i was looking at, points at the alternator and says "WOW DAD LOOK AT THAT TURBO"

ME : laughing

His Dad: Son dont say things like that unless your 100% sure what your looking at is what your talking about, I dont know what that is but it isnt the turbo....

ME: still laughing

teenage kid: but it looked like the turbo on that other car

His DAD: pointing at the intercooler.. see son thats the radiator the air goes in there , then he points to the power steerin fluid bottle... thats where the water goes...

ME: um wtf thats the alternator, thats the intercooler, this is the radiator the water goes here dont put water there...... the turbos down there.....

:P

i went last night

teenage guy: walks over to the wrx i was looking at, points at the alternator and says "WOW DAD LOOK AT THAT TURBO"

His Dad: Son dont say things like that unless your 100% sure what your looking at is what your talking about, I dont know what that is but it isnt the turbo....

His DAD: pointing at the intercooler.. see son thats the radiator the air goes in there , then he points to the power steering fluid bottle... thats where the water goes...

ME: um wtf thats the alternator, thats the intercooler, this is the radiator the water goes here dont put water there...... the turbos down there.....

:P

Guest RedLineGTR
i went last night

His DAD: pointing at the intercooler.. see son thats the radiator the air goes in there , then he points to the power steerin fluid bottle... thats where the water goes...

:D

ahahaahah thats great :P

there are 2 audi concept cars with twin-turbo V10's in them - worth a look, although one has no interior the other is mean.

that 2-door camry is decent with its 2.4T engine. that would be sweet especially if they actually put that engine into the normal camry and made it 4wd also! hmmmm ok i'm dreaming a bit here now

ford and holden stands were shit as usual.

nissan stand STILL selling GTR items (even though they havn't sold the GTR here for about 10 years) - go figure. so why aren't they selling the bloody skyline here??? morons...

i was just happy to go and sit in some cars like the integra/mx-5/monaro etc. which i read so much about yet never get teh cance to formulate my own opinions about. well now i have confirmed that most of them are shit. first hand experience is great isn't it.

well worth a look.

Waz.

The best car by far was the Daihatsu Copen

Tubro charged, intercooled - 50kw @ the fly! :D

Man the intercooler is smaller than my oil cooler! The turbo must be the size of a pencil sharpener! Funny stuff.