SAU Community

Seat Height Too Low

Cheddar

Howdy

I had 33gtr seats in my Stagea but they were quite a lot lower than the stock seats and I couldn't see the road properly. So then I had a special cushion made that's about 2½ - 3 inches high and I could see a bit better but then I had to have my seat pretty far forward still and I felt like a twit sitting that close to the steering wheel and I was sitting in the wrong part of the chair as in my head doesn't line up with the headrest properly etc. It just wasn't working :(

So I've now taken them out and put the stock ones back in but what I want to know is can you get higher seat rails? I've searched and found plenty of threads for people who are too tall for their cars and need the seats lower or moved back etc but not any about making them higher.

My other question is are all GTR seats the same height? I saw a car with 34 seats and I swear they looked like they sat the same height as a stock seat but I can't find the pic again to know for sure. My theory is that if the 34's sat higher could I then buy 34 rails to go on my 33 seats? I'm about 165cm so I'm no midget but I'm just too short to sit that low in the car.

I want to put these seats back in because they are a lot comfier but I can't until I sort the height issue out so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Cheers

Jo :)

Hey jo.

You could always try getting some alloy blocks made up to act as sorta washers from the rails to the seat, to increase the height an inch or so. you wont get too much height this way as the higher you go the weaker it will get.

could try to weld and modify the 33 GTR seat brakets too. Apart from that you cant do too much as it will be too unsafe and weak.

as for the 34 GTR seats i think they are the same mounts and the same height.

good luck.

can you mount the seats on the stagea seat brackets?

mike

Mike - The stag seat rails don't fit the gtr seats unfortunately. We tried that pretty early on. And I'm kind of afraid to sit on a couple of alloy blocks but thanks for the suggestion :P

Hostile - are the modified rails legal do you know? The best thing about putting skyline seats in a stag is that as far as I'm aware, it's not illegal because the seat rails aren't modified.

cheers guys :)

I would imagine you'd need to engineer any changes to your rails as they'd need to be checked to make sure they comply with ADRs?

( *cant imagine being too small for a car, usually has the opposite problem* .. :( )

mine is too tall, needs to be bolted to the floor pan directly . DAMN sunroofs in R34..grrrr

use a phone book....kidding

Yeah - as much as I would have liked a sunroof in my R34 to match the one in my N14 SSS, I found it limited the headroom significantly - the reason I opted to avoid models with a sunroof..