SAU Community

Upgrading Sound System

Hey guys,

just after some help in regards to upgrading the sound system and before i get my arse handed to me lol im not asking for opinions on brands etc

Need to know if slim line speakers are necessary for both front and rear speakers? Also im not looking to put amps, subs as im just after some clean sound with bass (not car trembling kind just nice deep kick).

My shopping list so far consists of: (1)Double Din Bracket & A/C unit

(2)Either Pioneer DEH-8350SD (Single Din Unit)+Pocket or Pioneer AVH-P3300BT (Double Din DVD Unit)

(3)Fronts depends on mounting space

(4)Rears? I read its 6x9 but it looks more like 6"...i want most of the bass from these obviously. Also depends on mounting space.

Appreciate the help guys :)

Edited by TUFF_350

Cheapest place for item 1 is USA, from memory from Nissan Japan was $650 for the parts, JB (went for quote only had no intention) $750 and from the USA (via ebay) $411. You don't need the bracket, just the trim piece and the AC controls.

Cheapest place for item 1 is USA, from memory from Nissan Japan was $650 for the parts, JB (went for quote only had no intention) $750 and from the USA (via ebay) $411. You don't need the bracket, just the trim piece and the AC controls.

Yea this is what im getting from ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-JDM-05-07-Infiniti-G35-coupe-sedan-double-din-kit-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4cf21163f3QQitemZ330478740467QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Around $350 delivered which is hot :D

Ah you be lucky and have the later dash!

Haha thanks bro.

Can anyone confirm this is true: Front speakers are 6.5" with 2.8" depth, Rears are 6X9" with 3.5" depth?

Got this from one of the speaker sites where it actually lets you specify your car for fitment.

Thanks.

Have you browsed the G35driver forums? I believe they have a stereo section there. If not someone like Chris Rogers would know.

Seems as the premium BOSE system (which i dont have) has 3 sets of speakers,

mine only has fronts and mids in the pillars. Job for Chris i think lol!

Haha thanks bro.

Can anyone confirm this is true: Front speakers are 6.5" with 2.8" depth, Rears are 6X9" with 3.5" depth?

Got this from one of the speaker sites where it actually lets you specify your car for fitment.

Thanks.

not exactly sure on the size of the speaker as i no longer have the box, but they are hertz mlk 165 (left) alongside the standard speaker(right). They fit in the factory location with a mdf spacer.

midrange_comparison_side_1-640x480.jpg

I have a Hybrid Audio front stage which has the L6 midbass driver in the stock door location mounted to an MDF baffle

The speaker size is 181mm (7.1") overall diameter with a 77mm mounting depth.

As for the rear, the only thing I have back there are the subs :)

Ok guys im bout ready to get everything shipped,

but have one final question. Should i be looking at an amp to power the speakers? Ive been googling the shit outta this and im getting mixed opinions, some say yes cos obviously you wont be using the speakers to their potential. Others say yes cos you'll ruin the speakers by underpowering them and others say no they are fine to run off headunit...

Headunit is Pioneer AVH-P3300BT and speakers are Massive Audio VK6 Component (front) and Massive Audio VX6 Co-Axial (back).

Thanks guys ;)

My 2c.

Head unit is a good start and will have plenty of support if purchased locally.

Speakers I would demo, may be marginally better that the factory units or they could be gr8, but you can't tell on-line.

Demo some gear and decide what you like, you don't have to get everything at once. Build your system slowly if your budget won't stretch.

I suggest if your close to them, get yourself down to Call Frankston Car Audio and have a chat with Mark the prop. He is offering insane deals on quality gear right now.

http://www.frankstoncaraudio.com.au/attachments/File/OzblissClearancePoster.jpg

Crescendo Opus :thumbsup:

Edited by mosoto