SAU Community

R33 Help Please

kane84

hello after a while of car getting build i have ran in to a problem just before its back on the road and need help,

ok so if the car is running and u put wipers on the the car stalls, if u unplug the motor motor car wont start.

its a r33 with a r34 neo motor and a microtech if thats helps.....

Wat can i look for had a look and just cant nut it out

Wow, haven't heard of something like this happen before. Perhaps there is a loose or unintentional grounding on the wires for the wipers, or some arching happening near there. Or someone wired your car that way just recently as a prank.

well i think there is a power wire going to injectors, when wipers on it cuts the power to the injectors, and when the wiper motor is unpluged it stops the power to the injectors

Hmmm, would it be possible to provide some photos of the wiring? Also perhaps it is best to continue trouble shooting with a tester and consult with a wiring diagram. And although it appears to be a very strange thing going on with your car, it doesn't appear to be a difficult problem, time consuming maybe. Good thing it is the weekend, more time to dive into the car.

I think I know what the problem is now. The injector(s) - (neg) is connected/shorted to the - (neg) of the wiper. That is why the car dies when the wipers are turned on and also won't start when you unplug the wiper motor connector.

I wish I can inspect the car myself as this is a good puzzle, but I can't be more helpful than posting suggestions. I think what you can for now is gather some friends over and troubleshoot the problem. Good luck and keep us informed on your progress.

• 2 weeks later...