SAU Community

Outer Northside Aspley To Caboolture

RandomHero83

Been awhile between chats gents, so I thought I'd share a little update. Round 4 of mods are about to take place. Starting to get bits and pieces together to build a new bottom end to go with the cams I've bought. Will be trying to push it closer to the 500rwhp mark and go for low 11's on street tyres and a high 10 on semi's/slicks. Once the cars back on the road i'll get out to meet and gret ya's.

what an eventful night we had....

on the way home from a mates place down at springwood cruising along the M1 at 100 when suddenly a big lifted nissan patrol skids sideways and a kia rio gets punched into the armco and a mazda 6 runs into the rear end of a AU falcon ute and a suzuki swift gets a shunt up the bum.... blocking all 3 lanes less than 100m infront of us

the wife was driving so she slams on the anchors and we lock up (its that real slick type tar) we stop in time luckily

all caused because

A)there is no break down lane on this section(just at wooloongabba near cornwall st exit)

B) suzuki swift bonnet popped open and the guy decided it was a good idea to stop on the right hand lane of the highway...

causing the falcon ute to stop behind him

mazda 6 runs into the arse of the ute pushing it into the swift and spinning off to the left lane facing the wrong way by the end of it

all the people get out and get off the highway as they hear the patrol locked up tearing toward the scene

in the midst of all this the kia rio gets the side caved in by the patrol (think it must have been beside the cars as all the impacts occured as the patrol ended up sideways with minor front damage(had ARB 4x4 style bull bar)

the large lady driivng the kia had to be cut out as the B pillar was smashed in and the while front right guard was torn off and the wheel was facing backwards) and was in a bad way (2 paramedic units and 2 ambos arrive to work on her and i think the other passenger in the same car)

after over an hour of blocking the highway and watching the emergency services do what they do best we headed on home as they cleared the cars

then on the way home we took the turbot street exit and came up the hill to the pub on Leichhardt st and this moron in a black plastic 4x4(rav4 or outlander type thing) doesn't stop at a red light)our light had gone green and we started moving forward)

luckily we saw him and braked and he figured out we were coming through and he stopped also, my wife let him know how much of a moron he was....

we then drove straight home not passing go and collecting $200 and am safely posting on the forum haha

today sure was the day for wanker drivers I was on the road for 30 mins today and I swear there must of been a contest on for dickhead driver of the year...so many nominations today.

No shit, it was the day or morons.. I was going around the morayfield roundabout when a fwd thought he could speed up and overtake me while we were turning.. He ended up on the gutter by the skate park exit because there is on a single lane going threw there.. I have had so many close calls in the last week on roundabouts and i wasn't even speeding, just casually driving threw.. zzzzzzz

@blackers

That would have been some nerve racking stuff, watching it all unfold and the fact you were right behind it.