SAU Community

Oil Dropping Onto Turbo (M35)

mym35

Hi, while getting my m35 serviced my mate showed me oil dropping onto the turbo.He thinks it is from the rocker cover gasket or seal.

I remember reading about a similar problem particular to vq motors but i cant find it through "search" can anyone help me find the article and /or clarify what the problem/ fix will be.

Scotty,if you are on here, i seem to remember you had an issue like this.

graham

Yeh Graham, the passenger rocker gasket is rubber and perishes with the turbo heat. They arent dear from Nissan, the part number is: 13270-AL612.

They are a pain to install as the rear section only just squeezes under the aircon hose, you may need to check it is in place correctly (I use a small flat blade) before you re-install everything and find it leaks.

Yeh Graham, the passenger rocker gasket is rubber and perishes with the turbo heat. They arent dear from Nissan, the part number is: 13270-AL612.

They are a pain to install as the rear section only just squeezes under the aircon hose, you may need to check it is in place correctly (I use a small flat blade) before you re-install everything and find it leaks.

thanks heaps Scott. Will get onto Nissan for the part and will get it sorted.Good on you.