SAU Community

Boot Lid Not Opening

Hi guys,

Did a search of the forums and doesn't look like anyone has experienced this problem yet.

My bootlid doesn't open anymore - via the keyfob or the actual boot release near the VDC switch. I've done a thorough search through the US G35 sites (6mt, G35 driver etc) and the most common problems are:

• The Boot release bypass switch in the glovebox has been accidentally turned to "OFF" which means you can't open the boot via the normal switch: I don't believe our cars come with this switch, or if they do, it's post 2005 as mine (an '03) doesn't have it.
  • The fuse has blown (located behind the battery): I had a quick look and couldn't determine which fuse exactly is responsible for the boot. The descriptions on the fusebox cover were quite vague. Could anyone point to me to the correct fuse. I had a look online and I don't believe this fuse is located in the other fusebox either.
  • The wiring loom running to the boot from the front has frayed: This is most probably the cause. It appears that a lot of Infiniti models had cr*p quality wires running through the doorsills which cause it to wear excessively over time. In addition, my passenger seat has stopped going automatically to the front/back when the backrest is pushed forward. I have a feeling this is attributable to the wires that run via the doorsill to the seat too.

To add to it, the rear-seat drop release button somehow doesn't engage however far I press it down. For this reason, I can't seem to get to the emergency boot release wire in the boot which would solve half my problems.

Could anyone shed some light on this matter if they've experienced or know a thing or two about issues similar to this?

Thanks very much,

Tarun

Edited by diabolique

I did tried it before. My one was 02' V35. Finally, I found that it was due to the electric wire inproperly connected during anti-theft device installation. Not sure how wire wrongly connected. But should be similar case here.

I did tried it before. My one was 02' V35. Finally, I found that it was due to the electric wire inproperly connected during anti-theft device installation. Not sure how wire wrongly connected. But should be similar case here.

I've had the car for close to 2 years now and it has only recently stopped working. The anti-theft device (including motion sensors) were disabled prior to compliance. Whilst a plausible cause, this doesn't seem likely given the duration of my ownership and the fact that it had been working properly all this while. Thanks for the input though :)

*edit* fix that ski hole door.

In my experience with BMW's, it was most common for the wires in the rubber tube between the body and boodlid to break due to the opening and closing action of the boot. and the only way to fix it was by drilling holes in the bootlid to get it open again.

I'd be checking fuses and relays tho. just take em all out one by one - pull, check, replace. the worst thing you'll do is lose the stations on your radio.

Edited by Trick V35

• 11 months later...

I have exact the same problem either boot lid release switch next VDC button or my key remote not functioning. I cannot even find a key hole to muanlly open the boot lid....what a crap design!

you may be able to manually open the boot right from inside at the back?

the middle gap in the rear seats, down the bottom where the gap is , there is a tag (red) that you pull and it will open the back seats, then you have access to your boot at least...

cannot find any red tag. Only can pull up the cover plate but nothing in that close area....i may take a few photos let you show me the right part after work.

OMG...you help me to fix it! Thanks a lot, mate~ When pull the back rest, found an umbrella stuck between the back boot's partition and back rest. Guess it is the root cause but not really know why as there is no wire or sensor in that area. Anyway,it is a good outcome and now the back boot lid back to normal can do both by pressing remote or switch next VDC.

Good on you mate, much appreciated for your promptly help!:cheers:

Edited by jbjb

• 3 months later...