SAU Community

The Guys At Mercury Motorsport Have Done It Again

The title says it all.

Thanks to Trent and the guys at Mercury Motorsport with the full exhaust upgrade and the install of the Cobb AP.thanks.gif

The car gain about 50kw and it drives alot smoother and better than a stock car.

No more cranking sound with gear shiftingcheers.gif

A photo taken with my HTC phone of the exhaust of the car while it's at the car wash.

That blue burning look from the exhaust is just too sexy...

imag0246.jpg

The title says it all.

Thanks to Trent and the guys at Mercury Motorsport with the full exhaust upgrade and the install of the Cobb AP.thanks.gif

The car gain about 50kw and it drives alot smoother and better than a stock car.

No more cranking sound with gear shiftingcheers.gif

A photo taken with my HTC phone of the exhaust of the car while it's at the car wash.

That blue burning look from the exhaust is just too sexy...

nice...just did them same myself...after 6 months this car still blows me away...just love it

Edited by Speedah

next step... E85

think i'll skip e85 for now...

It's hard to fine good e85 in qld, and even worse in GC...

Trent suggested a turbo upgrade + inter cooler upgrade for the next step.

I'm thinking of having the fuel injection upgraded too.

btw, after getting the car back, I've visited Shell 3 times in two days... think i should just sleep in my car :D

What type of exhaust did you have installed mate? Does it drone much?

^this.

and yeah it does drone abit on the low rpms (2000 - 3000). But it's just a lovely sound to listen to...(if you can get use to them)

but then, if you pass 3000rpm, it just accelerate like there's no tomorrow...

^this.

and yeah it does drone abit on the low rpms (2000 - 3000). But it's just a lovely sound to listen to...(if you can get use to them)

but then, if you pass 3000rpm, it just accelerate like there's no tomorrow...

Fireboy

I also live on the Gold Coast and have my GTR booked into Mercury on the 18th for the following:

1. Willall Ti mid pipe (already on)

2. Willal Ti cat back system from mid pipe (already on)

3. 3.5" Mercury dump pipes with O/S cats.

4. AAM Competition Air Intake system.

5. New Cobb Accessport for both engine and transmission.

6. Mercury custom tune to support Cobb tune.

I am hoping for some serious improvements.

Do you know any other R35 GTR owners on the Gold Coast?

Fireboy

I also live on the Gold Coast and have my GTR booked into Mercury on the 18th for the following:

1. Willall Ti mid pipe (already on)

2. Willal Ti cat back system from mid pipe (already on)

3. 3.5" Mercury dump pipes with O/S cats.

4. AAM Competition Air Intake system.

5. New Cobb Accessport for both engine and transmission.

6. Mercury custom tune to support Cobb tune.

I am hoping for some serious improvements.

Do you know any other R35 GTR owners on the Gold Coast?

Hey Kymbo, I think I saw you once at Caltex patrol station.

I know there's an Arab that drives a Black GTR. That's about it.

Maybe we should meet sometime :D I would love to see your GTR.

Have you got Cobb AP install already?

Personally, i think my car have some major improvement (comparing to stock).

Smoother gear swapping, Faster acceleration, and some crazy power from the car :D

I have seen a guy you could probably describe as Arab looking who also drives a black R35 with CRACKR number plates and another black R35 with XXXV plates. I guess black is the everyday common colour for R35's on the Gold Coast?

Trent will be finished with my car on the 21st, it would be interesting to catch up to check out your car and compare after it is finished.

I keep thinking that, there must now be enough R35's around in SEQ to get some sort of regular gathering/club thing going. Maybe an R35 branch to the Queensland SAU club???

Anyway, I will make a point of catching up with you on private messaging after I get my car back.

I have seen a guy you could probably describe as Arab looking who also drives a black R35 with CRACKR number plates and another black R35 with XXXV plates. I guess black is the everyday common colour for R35's on the Gold Coast?

Trent will be finished with my car on the 21st, it would be interesting to catch up to check out your car and compare after it is finished.

I keep thinking that, there must now be enough R35's around in SEQ to get some sort of regular gathering/club thing going. Maybe an R35 branch to the Queensland SAU club???

Anyway, I will make a point of catching up with you on private messaging after I get my car back.

The black GTR that i know uses a normal government registered plate...

lol, there must be alot more GTR these days :D

Sure, I'll wait for you pm and we can meet up :D

Hope to hear from u soon :D

You guys should join the QLD club, we have just elected a new president.

Check the QLD subsection of the forum for details.

Nice to see these things getting modified and driven the way they are supposed to.

You guys should join the QLD club, we have just elected a new president.

Check the QLD subsection of the forum for details.

Nice to see these things getting modified and driven the way they are supposed to.

Gully

I would like to suggest a night each month for Gold Coast GTR owners to meet (R32 through to R35). It needs to be somewhere central and well known.

Even for those in Brisbane and elsewhere, it gives a good excuse for a nice cruise for a night on the Gold Coast.

The best place I believe would be the Indy/V8 Supercar pit lane parking area at McIntosh Island on the Gold Coast.

I live at Coolangatta, so the pit lane would be central for every Gold Coaster because it would take roughly the same time to get to, wether your from Hope Island, Coolangatta or in the Hinterland.

Not to mention it is well lit and a cool place to be. Also, good to head out from for a cruise!

What do you and others think?

Gully

I would like to suggest a night each month for Gold Coast GTR owners to meet (R32 through to R35). It needs to be somewhere central and well known.

Even for those in Brisbane and elsewhere, it gives a good excuse for a nice cruise for a night on the Gold Coast.

The best place I believe would be the Indy/V8 Supercar pit lane parking area at McIntosh Island on the Gold Coast.

I live at Coolangatta, so the pit lane would be central for every Gold Coaster because it would take roughly the same time to get to, wether your from Hope Island, Coolangatta or in the Hinterland.

Not to mention it is well lit and a cool place to be. Also, good to head out from for a cruise!

What do you and others think?

Have been waiting for this for a long time. I'm from southport and so the location is great for me ;D

However, there just haven't been enough GC people wanting to do this.

I'm happy if we only have 1 or 2 for the start, and do hope we get more people in the future :D

btw, here's a link to the Gold Coast Thread, that have been started in year 2010, but only got 5 pages at this stage...http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/338451-weekly-gold-coast-meet/page__st__80

hope we have more people meeting up to this :D

ps: i do see a few skylines cruising pass smith st's Caltex gas station weekly (thursday or saturdays). Not sure if that's anyone on this forum though.

pps: saw a beautiful red skyline r34 at Caltex on Saturday.

"We intend to do a major club cruise to the goldy in the near future Mitch. Plans are for 4 major cruises a year instead of one.

The first of these will happen next month heading west to toowoomba taking in the flood hit areas of the lockyer valley.

The 2nd cruise will be north toward the sunny coast with a hook up to the caboolture district skyliners

The 3rd will be to the goldy to meet up with like minded people there.

the 4th cruise will be our annual charity job.

These cruises are designed to give the club more exposure to those in the greater s.e. corner with a view to increasing our membership and events participation and generally just have fun doing what we do on a cruise."

Keep an eye on the QLD section guys :thumbsup:

I think it may be time to start a dedicated thread for a 'Gold Coast GTR Club' monthly cruize night?

Before I do, I would like to ask what you guys think would be the best time and night?

My thoughts are the Gold Coast has always got the biggest buzz on a Saturday night with mega amounts of people and hot cars about.

I think the 'Pit Lanes' are certainly appropriate for GTR's.

I reckon we meet on a Saturday night, 9.00pm for meet greet chat, followed by a cruize down the GCH to Mermaid, then back through Broadbeach, then through Surfers, then go to the McCafe at Labrador next to the Bob Jane T Mart for Coffee and a snack (lots of parking space), then down through Southport back to the PIt Lanes for final chats and farewells.

We would probably end up drawing a crowd into the Pit Lanes by that time, chatting to like minded car lovers with other marques.

Years ago (1997) I started a monthly Saturday night cruize night for the Corvette Car Club, which still goes off in 2011. I would suggest we make our monthly run the same Saturday night and welcome them to meet us at the Pit Lanes on the final part of the night?

We could let some of the other brands/clubs know so they can mix our agenda in with theirs. It would certainly make it interesting!

We could even get the word to Porsche owners, so they can come along and be reminded what it fees like to be crushed by a Nissan.

And of course, you should welcome your friends with interesting cars.

What do you guys think?

Edited by kymbo