SAU Community

Some Chump Kicked My Car

So i went to catch up with my mate down at the bay,

he has started his own practice so it was called for. Park my car along the esplanade where he lives as my car is unable to conquer the ridiculously steep driveway though my car is not slammed. Just had my baby washed on the weekend so everything is sparkling...including the nice dent some motherless f**k decided to put on the passenger side door. Looks like a kick, but so f**king annoying that my blemish free car is now tainted :rant:

I'll never know who or why, but in the off chance i do...enuf said!

So i went to catch up with my mate down at the bay,

he has started his own practice so it was called for. Park my car along the esplanade where he lives as my car is unable to conquer the ridiculously steep driveway though my car is not slammed. Just had my baby washed on the weekend so everything is sparkling...including the nice dent some motherless f**k decided to put on the passenger side door. Looks like a kick, but so f**king annoying that my blemish free car is now tainted :rant:

I'll never know who or why, but in the off chance i do...enuf said!

Sorry to hear your incident, Dames. I wish that motherless f**k get f**ked in the a** so hard it will look tainted forever.

On the good side though, it's not keyed.

Good luck with fixing it.

Yes, you might be able to get a good dent remover to make it look perfect > then polish the scratches

Thats what im hoping for, not too keen on losing it for a week at a crash repairer though thankfully if i do need to go down that route my mates wife works for Eblen Subaru and they'll do a flawless job.

Well its appears worse then i thought...

the general assesment from 2 independent quotes was new passenger door, paint the whole left hand side of car and even more disturbingly 1 week in a Suzuki Swift haha. Amazing how minor things can seem to the untrained eye.

Well its appears worse then i thought...

the general assesment from 2 independent quotes was new passenger door, paint the whole left hand side of car and even more disturbingly 1 week in a Suzuki Swift haha. Amazing how minor things can seem to the untrained eye.

Really that bad? :( Sorry to hear that.

Would you be able to post up a photo of the damage?

Got everything assessed today, just a touch shy of $3k and 3 pages full of things to be done!

Here are some pics, shes tainted :(

That's bad. :(

Looks like the paint will crack when the dent is pulled out and flattened. So the whole door will need to be re-painted.

Sorry to hear about the damage again. No matter how much we take care of our pride-and-joy, these things can still happen. Hope you get this fixed and back to its original state.

Edited by VNS 24

Its a full blown crash repairer, Eblen Subaru.

Basically the cost involves brand new door from Nissan, spray the whole side of the car and removing/fitting everything including rear windscreen. The guy said it will be a factory type arrangement, no bodgey jobs cos its practically a new car.

Edited by TUFF_350

Its a full blown crash repairer, Eblen Subaru.

Basically the cost involves brand new door from Nissan, spray the whole side of the car and removing/fitting everything including rear windscreen. The guy said it will be a factory type arrangement, no bodgey jobs cos its practically a new car.

True.

I also forgot to mention it will be hard to paint-match the front and rear fenders to the door. But if you get the whole side re-painted, it should be fine.

How much is your excess, if you don't mind me asking?

Edited by VNS 24

Excess is only $400 from JustCars,

i gotta say i highly recommend them. Loads of people ummed and erred at the very mention of their name, but they were great thus far and even asked me which my preferred repairer was as opposed to we want you to take it to <blah>.

Excess is only $400 from JustCars,

i gotta say i highly recommend them. Loads of people ummed and erred at the very mention of their name, but they were great thus far and even asked me which my preferred repairer was as opposed to we want you to take it to <blah>.

That's a really good deal, Dames.

I think I paid about AU$700 in excess with HBF when I scratched my rear fender about two years ago. But I was under 25 years old back then, so it was expensive.

Well, good luck with the repair.

Edited by VNS 24

Yea im <cough> 28,

no claims, fines etc so clear driving history. Thanks mate, i hope everything goes painless and people dont question my manhood cruising round in a Swift for a week or so lol :)