SAU Community

Scan Tool - V35

gtrtech

Hi, Wondering if anyone on here can point me in the direction of someone with a scan tool to plug into my V35 sedan?

Air bag light has started to flash and the usual reset only lasts for a day.

My local Nissan dealer usually wont touch imports.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Geoff this is the wrong place to be asking such advice. Post a thread in the V35 section - and in fact you will already find a topic there on it.

But I would take it to Main North Nissan if I were you - pretty sure they will service the V35 since it is so similar to the 350Z.

BTW saw your V35 in Nuri a few weeks back parked in the carpark at the park with the train in it opposite BP/Subway. Looked around for you, but couldn't find you.

Thanks Andrew,

Was hoping that there may have been someone else other than a dealer that could help.

Anyone with a Carman or Launch scanner could do the job as well.

Spotted your car leaving not long after I arrived in my Ute. Missus drives the 35.

Cheers

Geoff

andrew,

he's already asked me about it. told him what to look for as well. its case of finding someone dwon there with a carmen or launch to read the thing. I'm 2'5 hrs away by plane and I'm not heading that way anytime soon.

who does your svc work? (they may be able to help him :) )

in general nissan is nissan. the diagnostics haven't really changed (unless we are talking C3) on any of them.

I do all my own work on the car Chris - a mechanic of any variety has not touched the thing yet.

As I said go to Main North Nissan, Craig in the spare parts division is an import supporter (he used to help me out on spares for my R34 all the time no problems), and they are an SAU:SA club sponsor (so if you joined up you would get 10% off too), so I would definitely try there Geoff.

• 2 months later...

The common problem with airbag light flashing is loss of contact in yellow conectors below passenger or driver seats. There are two of them for two safety devices that related to SRS system (in accident they will brake a lower part of seat to keep you down) Fix them and reset SRS by pedal.

http://history.nissa...FETY/index.html

http://history.nissa...MAIN/index.html

http://history.nissa...XTER/main1.html

Main North Nissan refuses to service V35 and does not matter who are you and where from.

Edited by Nicko_2010

i have a basic tool but have no faults to use it with hahaha

See Stewie at Ultratune, South Road Edwardstown next to GC Motorcycles.... he has a proper one

Cheers

What's the tool you're using?

"CAS804"..... as basic as they come

If you have an iphone or ipad...... buy the OBDII WIFI connector and download one of the OBD2 apps for realtime diagnostics :)

I did, it doesnt work unfortunately

could not connect with ECU

Edited by Nicko_2010

which ABD adapter do you have?

The Kiwi PLX one has videos being used on a G35 on YouTube, and it supports both OBDII and CAN, which our car needs. I have been looking at getting one of these for some time.