SAU Community

Rb20Det Missing On Boost Help?

hey, i got a problem with my rb20det when you are about to come on full boost it starts missing and not running right, and from a stand still when u put the foot down it dose the same thing, starts missing, but if u ease the power on gently and stay under 3k it is happy and runs fine??? can anyone help

In terms of checking them, somewhere dark/nighttime is best and you would normally see them arc out on to the engine....

Other than that do you run std boost? Checked/changed plugs recently?

hey, i got a problem with my rb20det when you are about to come on full boost it starts missing and not running right, and from a stand still when u put the foot down it dose the same thing, starts missing, but if u ease the power on gently and stay under 3k it is happy and runs fine??? can anyone help

also its really hard to start, like it takes 10 goes to get it running and when it fires it splutters for couple seconds then runs idles fine?

Edited by andyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

check the spark plugs as well. pull them out, look at the colouring as well as get a feeler gauge to measure the gap. also inspect the coils for any signs or melting, etc (that's a sign they are arcing out). if they all seem fine then the issue may be fuel related and it might be worth putting the car on a dyno to get them to check the AFR's.

i put new plugs in today didnt change anything and coil packs look fine and i looked at them at night time and i didnt see anything arcing out.....

check the spark plugs as well. pull them out, look at the colouring as well as get a feeler gauge to measure the gap. also inspect the coils for any signs or melting, etc (that's a sign they are arcing out). if they all seem fine then the issue may be fuel related and it might be worth putting the car on a dyno to get them to check the AFR's.

i put new plugs in today didnt change anything and coil packs look fine and i looked at them at night time and i didnt see anything arcing out.....

Just thought, maybe you have the ignitor separate from the coils??? If yes that could be faulty.....

yeah the rb20 has a seperate ignitor and they do cause problems that are the same symptoms as dodgy coils. one major advantage is that if you have a mate with a rb20 or s1 rb25 then you can swap them over to try in just a few mins (much easier than swapping coils)