SAU Community

Wipers Turn On Randomly Wtf.

STD33

Hi all, I have a series 1.5 r33 gtst and i'm having trouble with the wipers turning on by themselves sometimes only for a couple swipes and sometimes until I turn it off then turn it back on again wait a few seconds then it starts up again??? It done it about a month ago when I was driving and hasn't done it again until recently now its just getting real annoying and embarrassing when people stare at you wondering why you have your wipers screeching away on a perfectly sunny day!!!

Is it an easy diy or better to pay an auto electrician?

Please help!

Hmmm... hear me out.

In my U13 Bluebird, I had a problem with the indicators coming on for no reason and oneday there was a puff of smoke... Made me worried and thought I would need a new indicator stalk. After finding out it was not too expensive to replace, I decided to have a go at fixing it. (If I stuffed it up it wouldn't cost heaps).

I pulled out the stalk and pryed open the little tab dealies to open it and found that in one place a bit of plastic that sat between 2 copper terminals had worn out from all the use and was making the switch terminals touch when they shouldn't. Was also a little melted. Sooooo... I got a cable tie and jammed it in the gap cut it off and super glued it in place. Never had a problem since... I suggest you pull out the wiper stalk, open it up and see what you can see. They seem to be a similar design to the Blubey's. You never know.

Good luck.

Edited by Not a Pulsar

Ok, yer I like to have a go at fixing things myself before forking out da cash so ill have have a look at it this weekend and let yal know how I get on. p.s wipers aren't playing up now that its raining! haha typical. Thanks heaps for your input, much appreciated. thumbsup.gif