SAU Community

Car Wont Turn Off, Fuse Problem?

nickperth

Hey hows it going a i got R33 Series 2 Manual Skyline and tonight i replaced a fuse that blew that controlled my interior lights. When i installed it i drove home and when i took the key out of the ignation the turbo timer didnt kick in so i tried shutting it off and the car wouldn't shut off. Only way i can shut off my car is if i take out my main fuse or stall it. Now i have checked all the fuses and none of them seem to be blown. However im not 100% sure on how do you check the fuses in the boot if they are blown or not.

However there's another problem is that the dash lights wont turn off even when the ignition key is out and turned off. Only way i turn them off is disconnecting the battery.

So if theres anyone out there that could shed some light on this problem and help me out, i will gratefully thankful for you help.

Yours Truly,

Nick

The fuse blew for a reason, there might be a short circuit in the wiring somewhere. Take out the interior light fuse as u suspect this is the last one u replaced before the issue.

Do u have an alarm tha starts the car? Can u completely remove the turbo timer incase the short is inside it causing the ignition to stay on.

ive removed the turbo timer and ive removed the fuse i think its down to a short circuit could you tell me were a good place you would recommend i look for the short circuit.

Ive removed the engine control fuse and now the car seems to be working fine it turns off like its supposed to. I forgot to mention i also filled in the missing spot for it last night so i guess that was the cause of the problem. But i just want to make sure is it bad if the engine control fuse section doesnt have a fuse in it because im not sure really what it does.