SAU Community

140,000Km Down And No Dramas At All

sturb25

Ive done 140,000km in my stagea in the 4 years ive owned it and its never missed a beat, fair enough ive replaced some of the wear and tear items but thats the same as any car. But there hasnt been much that i have done to it in 4 years

This is what ive done

Cleaned injectors

Replaced coil packs

Replaced rear hicas sensor

Brake disks machined

Replaced front and back brake pads

Radiator cleaned

3 sets of plugs

2 sets of tyres

castor arm bushes

rear outer ball hicas joints

one front control arm

2 front sway bar d bushes and links

obviously repalced the oil every 5,000km and cleaned K and N filter when needed

Replaced the front shocks cause they were stuffed when i bought the car

one front headlight globe

changed the timing belt at 100,000

changed the gearbox and diffs oils once

All wear and tear items but i think thats pretty good in 4 years and 140,000km also being 13 years old

car now has 177,000km on the clock, interesting to see the next 100,000 and what wears out in that time and that will be the true test.

I feel really sorry for all you guys who have had limitless problems with there stageas because they are a really good car.

Sorry but I don't consider that to be no problems at all, it's a Nissan so it will always have problems aka manufacturing errors. Nissan = teh poo

Edited by lilcrash

Sorry but I don't consider that to be no problems at all, it's a Nissan so it will always have problems aka manufacturing errors. Nissan = teh poo

Its all been wear and tear items so i think thats its been good, why bag nissans when you own one. if you dont like it get rid of it.

That's a pretty good record all up.

Have you modified it in any way or is it completely stock?

Basicly stock apart from full 3inch exhaust and bleed valve

great run - this is why I bought my m35 - keep it stock as a rock and run the car for 10 years :worship:

LOL. Your turbo won't last that long... but most of the rest should be fine :)

• 2 weeks later...

are you on crack? any mechanic ive ever worked with will say if you want a reliable car buy a nissan or a toyota. cheap parts and easy to work on. how can you call something that happens 13years down the track a manufacturing error? no car ever will take 13yrs of abuse and never need a part replacing.

now my origninal question to sturb25, are that front swaybar links stagea specific or R33GTR items? ive searched high and low and all the pics ive seen of aftermarket R33GTR links look too short in comparison to the stagea

mines up to 185000kms and ive done less replacement parts than that. splitfire coils, front cam seals and a timing belt. plus the regular service parts. but i have upgraded alot of stuff (it didnt need to be replaced though) brakes, shocks and springs, swaybars, wheels.

mine says 110,000kms on the clock but i believe it to have been wound back (100,000km jap service sticker on the airbox and that was at 64,000 on the clock at purchase)

all i have done is regular servicing and bigger exhaust - oh and cheap mags

absolutely noting else!

the mrs drives it day in and out and runs like a dream.

dont get me wrong i do give it a run every now and then and still goes like stink! but 99% of the time it never goes above 5000rpm, a bit of lifter noise after an oil change but it goes away before long.

the headlights are fading and the front drivers shocker has a small oil leak but big whoop, unless i track it i aint gonna worry.

perfect car otherwise