SAU Community

The inevitable has happened...

PSIKO

Nah I haven't crashed, just offering a subjective opinion on custom number plates - if you're thinking of getting one, DON'T!! :D

Last night at work this regular rice-boy rocks up and starts asking me if I've ever seen and dragged a red GSR before. He asked coz he's looking at trading in his cosmetic performance for something a bit more tangible, and looked at this GSR for sale (thus where he heard the story)

So anyway I said "noooope" coz I haven't ever dragged any, and he goes "oh, I asked this guy about the performance of it, and he streamed off a few cars he's successfully dragged and one of them was a dark silvia, license plate PSIKO" ..................... :hellpisse

I was thinking to myself before I got the plates that this might happen, and lo and behold it has. Makes me wonder how many other hot sh*t Tom Cruise mofos are out there saying the same stuff bout whosever cars

Just interested to see if anyone else has ever heard similar stuff referring to their cars..?

Needless to say I will be out all this weekend, weather permitting, hunting down red gsr's

bitch

nah i never considered personalised number plates, i dont think its a good thing to be remembered on the road... also attracts unneccessary attention. or if someone sees you drive past with the stereo loud for whatever reason they can remember the numberplate, tell their dodgey mates and theyll kindly steal your stereo... (happened to a mate of mine) so yeh i dont think theyre a good idea

Yes I agree with Adam 32 once my car arrives, I will not be putting on private plates, it's too easy to remember for both the criminally minded and the police, you'll never know if you are going a little to fast past an off duty police office who notes down you plate and picks you up at a later date!

Well I don't mind about that, as they can only bust you at the time of doing it :(

yeah they may have a crapper attitude to you when they next pull you over, but if you have a bodykit and all this other stuff your car will stand out anyway and they are pretty wary of car models etc (Jimih was talking to a policewoman after she pulled him over and she happened to say she had seen a rodeo ute - described it perfectly, as james worked out it was one of his mates) :D

but if you drive like a dick then sukd in if you get caught anyway :burnout:

regarding theives: nice alarm

put away in locked up garage

and sleep next to a 12-gauge :uh-huh:

I like personalised plates, but it's some reasons that put me off of them, like rumors etc

Heh, been there.. altho was more a case of.. rumour was going round at kingsway/beldon i was running a form of nos.. so driving to a location cop pulls me over "u havent got anything in the back u shouldnt have?" "no i dont officer" "mind if i look?" "be my guest" he had a check of the tray etc.. nothing. Only found out the next day that people thought i was running nos and were talking about it in a less thatn discreet fashion

Originally posted by PSIKO

Well I don't mind about that, as they can only bust you at the time of doing it :(

they wont be able to charge you with speeding but they can still come at you later with a careless driving or dangerous driving summons which means you have to battle it out in court

:confused:

I plan to get slimline plates to allow more airflow to my intercooler, but I am pissed off that they have to be those gay AA 12 WA style ones, not just a normal number.... I think personalised plates attract attention, but I want to keep good airflow... grr