SAU Community

Has Anyone Changed The Front Bar On Their V36?

I saw a Nissan Maxima this morning and it occured to me that the standard front bar on the V36 looks waaaaay to similar for my liking.

Has anyone looked seriously into replacing it and knows what options we have over here?

I will look into what they do to the G37 in the states but would appreciate anyones local knowledge. Cost, brands, quality etc etc

Edited by Alkatraz

I saw a Nissan Maxima this morning and it occured to me that the standard front bar on the V36 looks waaaaay to similar for my liking.

Has anyone looked seriously into replacing it and knows what options we have over here?

I will look into what they do to the G37 in the states but would appreciate anyones local knowledge. Cost, brands, quality etc etc

Its all happening out of the states.

Thankfully mine came with the front lip , side skirts and rear spoiler.

I do like the look of the black, especially with black rims. Nothing better than looking like your about to do a driveby......

I actually had a quick look last night and found a few places that make them and DAMN are they cheap! Probably cost more in shipping than to buy them but I didnt see anything that jumped out at me. The most interesting was the 2011 IBL Infiniti body kit. That looks pretty mean and comes already painted but I would need to get fog lights etc made up......price suddenly shoots up.

Am I correct in assuming that basically anything that bolts straight onto a G37 will bolt straight onto a 370GT or are there actually quite a few differences??? (Apart from any engine/transmission stuff where the LHD/RHD would be an issue)

I couldnt find much out of Japan, not that I looked THAT hard. Actually, now that I think about it, I will be in Germany next month and should probably pop into an Infiniti Dealer and see what they say.

• 4 weeks later...

My car is getting closer so I thought I would bump this up.

Can anyone answer the question above about Nissan / Infiniti compatability, specifically body parts for now? Also has anyone found any good looking body kits, I have found a couple but nothing that jumps out at me.

Al

My car is getting closer so I thought I would bump this up.

Can anyone answer the question above about Nissan / Infiniti compatability, specifically body parts for now? Also has anyone found any good looking body kits, I have found a couple but nothing that jumps out at me.

Al

I am pretty sure body parts of Nissan V36 / Infinity G37 would be the same, just as V35 / G35. Only some mechanical parts (Windows, drivetrain, etc.) could be different due to LHD and RHD.

With body kit, have you checked Top Secret kit? That's my favourite. :-)