SAU Community

Orange R33 Skyline

1993 Skyline R33 GTS-T

122,000km. $12,500

Hey,

I've owned (and loved!) this car for the last 5 years.

After repainting the car in January, the turbo died. Ratherthan replacing the stock turbo, I had a much bigger one installed. Inhindsight, that was a bad idea, as I've now lost all my license points as thecar accelerates so easily. To ensure that I don't lose my license because Ineed it for work, I've bought a Hyundai excel.

SERVICING

The car has 122,000km's on it. I had a major service done at 100,000km's whichincluded a new heavy duty radiator, spitfire coilpacks, air con regassing, aswell as the usual timing belts, spark plugs, etc. I have it serviced every5,000km's by Gavin Wood AUTOTECH. Rebuilt and Re-shimmed diff.

INTERIOR

The interior looked a bit dated and old, so I've replaced everything I could tomake it more comfortable and modern looking. This includes a Series IIInstrument Cluster, Genuine R33 GTR Seats, Leather Steering Wheel, new leatherhand brake boot, gear boot and centre console cover, GTR gearknob, andcustom-made R33 floormats. If you have ever been in a normal GTS-T, you willsee and feel how much nicer this is.

The stereo consists of an Alpine head unit (iPOD and USBinput), and front and rear 6.5" splits running from a boot mounted amplifier.

EXTERIOR

Series I R33's aren't very attractive, so I performed a full Series II conversionincluding Series II headlights and grill, LED taillights, Trial front bodykit,and Series II rear spoiler. The car has 18" Wheels with Federal 595 Tyres. Thecar was originally dark gray, but was resprayed in Electric Orange in January,which has yellow in it when viewed in the sun. The car is lowered on TEINsuspension, with rolled front and rear guards.

ENGINE

All engine work has been done by Gavin Wood AUTOTECH.

Genuine Garrett GT3076 (0.82 exh housing) with 50mm External Wastegate.

PowerFC (Z32 AFM and 480cc Nissan S15 injectors)

Full 3" metal intake and exhaust. Front Mount Intercooler and Turbosmart BOV.

250kw with Dyno Sheets on conservative street tune.

PROBLEMS

All the usual R33 problems that happen at this age have been addressed. I'vehad the drivers power window relay fixed (R33 drivers power window often stopsworking after 15 years), air con buttons fixed (they occasionally break). Theclutch "friction point" is very close to the floor. I had the master and slavecylinder's rebuilt, which didn't help. My mechanic said it's not worth fixinguntil I am replacing the clutch, which I haven't done yet as it's still verygrippy.

I've owned this car for 5 years and really don't want to lether go, but it's either that or 1 more speeding fine causing a loss of license(and my job!).

Please, no test pilots!

Call or SMS Isaac anytime on 0421 517 163

My workplace has bad phone reception so between 8-4 I can be reached on (07)5573 8572

post-43177-0-93972700-1309434370_thumb.jpg

post-43177-0-84020000-1309434382_thumb.jpg

post-43177-0-81122600-1309434392_thumb.jpg

post-43177-0-65126100-1309434404_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...