SAU Community

Trying To Id A Switch.

Not a big issue but was curious about a switch thats shown in the attached picture. I haven't found out what it does so was hoping someone can id it for me.

In the picture it is the switch in the middle between the Japenese car alarm light that is on the left and the HID headlight adjuster shown on the right, it has two tabs that you can press and the right side tab has a symbol looking like a sun or something. My guess it has something to do with the alarm/imobilizer as its beside the alarm light that flashes blue when it is turned on.

Thanks if anyone can help.

post-78962-0-02710800-1309677946_thumb.jpg

It sounds like it is the switch for turning on/off carjacking feature on the car alarm. Glad I didn't accidentially turn it on as I don't have a code to turn it off.

All I know is its a Cliffard alarm but the remote controller I got when I bought the car is a controller that works on about a dozen different models.

I need to find out what model the alarm is so I can download the correct operating manual for it so will be trying to find the control box. I am thinking it will be behind the dash somewhere as I couldn't see it in the engine bay anywhere. If anyone knows where they usually hide these things could you please reply as it might save me a heap of time in pulling things apart for no reason.

Thanks

Edited by thatlbeme

All sorted, found the little sucker behind the speedo cluster tucked up on the right top side. Will download the correct manual to try and learn more about it other than just how to turn the alarm on and off.

Edit: looks as though I like to talk to myself with this thread but thats ok as us crazy ones usually have a few personalities so we never get bored.

Edited by thatlbeme