SAU Community

My R32 Was Nearly Stolen Last Night In Southport

So I woke up this morning to find my car was not where I parked it... Anyway after walking 200 meters down the road I found it again... Ignition completely hacked stearing lock smashed computer tampered with.. Lucky for me I have a secret kill swich which they couldn't find!

Just a warning out to every one.. These scum bags are out there! The police have been informed.

By forensic report they usually mean they will turn up to your house randomly a few months later.. fingerprint the car, leave the shit dust crap and never get anywhere..

If they don't show up in a couple of days, I personally wouldnt bother.. Unless you arent requiring the car anytime soon..

It's been said time and time again, if they want it, they'll get it.

The idea with security controls is to make it difficult enough that the thieves decide its not worth the hassle (and possibly move on to an easier target, but then its someone elses problem). For example, safes are rated on how long they take the crack under a standardised environment.

IMO, yes an alarm is worth it (for example, it may have saved the OP a smashed steering column) and if it appears that its going off for no reason multiple times, be aware that this is one way thieves trick people into turning it off. So if that happens, hide close by with a shotgun/baseball bat/German Shepard etc :devil: