SAU Community

Upgrade query for GTS25T auto

just depends how you drive

if you drive it hard it will die

i drive hard about 50% of my driving time

and if you like the auto to last forget about goin curcuit racing unless you fit a huge!! trans cooler

temps gou up like crazy after 2 laps

MJ: yeah for sure, as long as its not expensive rebuild. aim for 220rwkw should be heaps in anyone's terms. 141rwkw is fairly good for me, enough to be nice to drive and have some power and not insane amount of fuel usage etc.. but i will look at doing mine up as per sydneykid's 220-240rwkw guide in a year or so

im only running an SAFC II ...... if i do upgrade the computer it will be a Wolf .... but the car simply doesnt need it. Ran in engine today ..... drove 1000kms on 3psi haha .... so we are going to do another compression test tomorrow to make sure its all ok .... order the FMIC and wind up the boost :) Should make around 270 - 280rwhp (Sorry us in perth only count in rwhp not kw's) without the hiflowed turbo ..... which should hopefully be on about a month later.

I'll keep everyone posted. What are you doing PaulR33?

Yes rebuild was expensive ... well it was a bit cheaper for me cos ive got contacts ..... bank funded it .... going to spend 3 years paying it off *sob*

Hi guys, I posted this elsewhere but I think it applies here as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I might try a piggy back manual Power FC. Leave the inputs to the standard auto ECU and the outputs from it to the auto gearbox controller. Parallel up the inputs to the PFC and use it to run ignition, fuel, boost and idle control. I have seen an R33 with a Link piggy backed similarly, it was OK but a little rough on the gearchanges.

The gearchanges with the auto are really a problem for anything that changes the ignition maps as the standard (auto) ecu retards the ignition timing on gearchanges to smooth them out. Plus, I suspect, it also adds to gearbox durability by taking the load off during the changes.

I suspect that this may be a problem for any ecu, replacement or piggy back that attempts to control the ignition and doesn't "know" about the gearchange logic.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am in the processes of checking out the E-manage with a supplier. Maybe it has the necessary logic to overcome this issue. If you are interested, please check the E-manage thread for updates.

Maybe Steve-SST can contribute here, as I understand he may have done an auto ecu upgrade with a Wolf. I don't know whether it was stand alone or piggy blacked with the standard auto ecu though.

4door_sleeper you are lucky to get it working on the auto as i have seen other people on here try it and they have had no success. Its an expensive and time consuming exercise for me to try it

Did you just plug it in and it worked straight up with no dramas? or did you have to fiddle around?