SAU Community

Car Won't Start!

r33stocka

Ok this one has me buggered,

Just got car tunned was driving into work, almost at work then car lost all power, I suspected fuel pump because o was told the walbro gss 342 ( think that's the code) are crap, so i got into work ordered a new one, put it in and nothing pump isn't even priming, checked the PFC, found it's giving a signal, checked both relys and they are fine, checked the fuse ok. So we bridged the rely so the pump was constantly running, tryed to start and nothing just Cranking.

Car is a 1997 r33 gts-t series 2.

Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks

Is there power and earth at the pump?

Try to power up the old one off a battery directly and see if i works.

If it does then Double check the Power and earth at the pump in the boot.

If this all works out then check how u mounted it. If u used a hose clamp to hold to the mount then try backing the clamp off a little

Check if its got spark and injector pulse. If so cas should be fine. Then check timing with a timing light to make sure the cas is adjusted correctly and the shaft isnt broken

Funny I was just about to post up a thread for help haha .

Ok heres a story about my GTR hahah..

I was on my way to the SAU drag day... turning right on to loganlea road first gear takes off fine... turn the corner give it a little bit more gas and

serie_bang.jpg

Engine stops dead in its tracks and won't start...

The check engine light keeps flickering on and off on and off if I try to start it...

Checked the usual things Intercooler piping, plugs, coils, fuel pump still seems to prime and run so thats good and gives fuel pressure to the gauge...

It turns over fine but just does not want to fire....

Now the idea I had was try change the ignitior pack so I lined up my mates at field garage who have a track 33 gtr... well that didnt work..

I went and spoke to a guy that I know who works alot on cars and said he thinks it might be the Crank angle sensor has gone??? So I guess thats tomorrow jobby.. but I am just curious what you SAU gurus would have to tell me to check?

K got mine sorted was the cas. But also my braided line for

My turbo feed ate through the loom and arced out blew a hole in the turbo feed and fryed my fuse

Box. Lucky I was 100m from work....