SAU Community

I May Need A Muffler.......

muchogarcia34

Hey Guys,

Just about to have the 34 back on the road and before it was super loud. So loud it annoyed me and my mates driving around me. I have 3" maybe 3.5" RSR exhaust. Straight through from a 3076. Now I should get a cat, I probably won't, but will it help reduce the noise level by much? Will a mid muffler help alot and what is a good one to get and to get it installed......

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Hey Guys,

Just about to have the 34 back on the road and before it was super loud. So loud it annoyed me and my mates driving around me. I have 3" maybe 3.5" RSR exhaust. Straight through from a 3076. Now I should get a cat, I probably won't, but will it help reduce the noise level by much? Will a mid muffler help alot and what is a good one to get and to get it installed......

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

You'll probably find a cat helps a lot, it will get rid of the annoying drone. My car is damn loud (Custom Kermit 3" straight cut job), but it's a nice loud and doesn't get annoying. I have a 5" body Venom cat.

u need to have a cat coz if u dont u risk getting a yellow sticker and supposodly get a huge fine

FYP.

A "friend of a friend of mine" has been running decats on all his cars and is yet to get a yellow for it even after being pulled over for inspections quite a few times. thumbsup.gif

FYP.

A "friend of a friend of mine" has been running decats on all his cars and is yet to get a yellow for it even after being pulled over for inspections quite a few times. thumbsup.gif

And Russian Roulette is a fun game until you get the wrong chamber ;)

had a bashed out cat and a 3" pipe with only a cannon, i think i can understand what you mean about loud. get a proper exhaust

just get a cat back system off of justjap or something, they should be legal and you can fit it yourself if you know how to twirl a spanner or worst case have a grinder.

i've got a 3.5" kakimoto system (secondhand not of justjap because i'm a cheap c***)

I have a guttered cat I went over pits they didn't pick only reason I'm changing is because I need engineers cert for the engine conversion which means emission test

My R34 was very loud as well will 3" and high flow cat then got yellow for POD and not having a mash for FMIC.

After i went to pits i had to engineer my car just cbf replacing all parts with stock, cost me like 2gs (install second cat retune car + engineer and pits extensions).

had to put complacence cat so i can pass 5 gas test now i have 2 cats and the car is much quieter on 15psi 360rwhp.

After i get my yellow off was thinking to get "hotdog" or resonator to replace second cat and also replace my 5" Cannon with varex.

any of you running varex mufflers any good?

varex_VMK5-300.jpg

I haven't had a cat on the car since the day I bought it. It has been on my to do list but you know until I got caught it probably wasn't going to happen...... May just bite the bullet and get it done.

How does engineering all the work in the car go. I'm probably not gonna last long on the road as I'm running a 25/30 with highmount 3076, Intercooler, Oil Cooler, Catch Can, Plazmaman Plenum and some other stuff. Does it just cost monies and time or if I take it there asking them to have a look am I going to be asking for trouble?

My exhaust is a proper exhaust by the way just super loud........

I haven't had a cat on the car since the day I bought it. It has been on my to do list but you know until I got caught it probably wasn't going to happen...... May just bite the bullet and get it done.

How does engineering all the work in the car go. I'm probably not gonna last long on the road as I'm running a 25/30 with highmount 3076, Intercooler, Oil Cooler, Catch Can, Plazmaman Plenum and some other stuff. Does it just cost monies and time or if I take it there asking them to have a look am I going to be asking for trouble?

My exhaust is a proper exhaust by the way just super loud........

If it's done properly, all that stuff is easily passable.

R34mobster what cat did you use for gas5 test

just standard compliance cat at imports 101 don't know the BRAND name.. $100 i believe and labour $165 + had to retune my car $550 was running bit lean then gas test $150 -$250 engineer 450 so it adds up.

it all depends who you get at pits to inspect your car i had mine low mounted on 6boost,plazmaman plenum and koyo radiator all shine bits and blow off was plumed back .

it took me 3 1/2 months to engineer the car, it's not that easy to engineer the car it a long process.

25/30 nice how much power u running at the moment ? is it huge difference from 25 neo? was planning to go that path if you don't mind me asking how much did it all set u back. you can pm rough figures.

was thinking of selling my r34 i can get a VE GTS from friend for good price. i still love my r34 would not sell it i have spent heaps on $$$$$ decisions, decisions, don't know what to do i have to coz i travel a lot by car so want something more comfy.

yeah im just waiting to see what they want me to do everything has passed the pits it just need a engineer to say ok for the engine conversion which is not a biggy because its gone from a rb30 to rb25

just standard compliance cat at imports 101 don't know the BRAND name.. $100 i believe and labour $165 + had to retune my car $550 was running bit lean then gas test $150 -$250 engineer 450 so it adds up.

it all depends who you get at pits to inspect your car i had mine low mounted on 6boost,plazmaman plenum and koyo radiator all shine bits and blow off was plumed back .

it took me 3 1/2 months to engineer the car, it's not that easy to engineer the car it a long process.

25/30 nice how much power u running at the moment ? is it huge difference from 25 neo? was planning to go that path if you don't mind me asking how much did it all set u back. you can pm rough figures.

was thinking of selling my r34 i can get a VE GTS from friend for good price. i still love my r34 would not sell it i have spent heaps on $$$ decisions, decisions, don't know what to do i have to coz i travel a lot by car so want something more comfy.

I haven't got it running yet, just picked it up yesterday but I'll let you know how it goes. I was running 400bhp with my 25 Neo before with the same mods so we'll see how we go :)

I'm just going to have to give the engineering a go and see how it pans out. I was just worried that if I took the car to the pits and they didn't like it if they could sticker or flag it themselves......... I'll PM you costs

I've taken a few modified cars to get inspected before (v8 instead of 6, turbo conversions, engine swaps etc) without getting approvals or anything prior.

Usually they are pretty happy as you are doing the right thing (if not the right process) by taking it to them. I haven't had a problem before, only a bit of a grumble.