Madaz

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BIG4 Shepparton Parklands

OK, I just rang the above caravan/cabin park and the owner said that normally he would be able to negotiate the "Min 4 night stay" deal, however, the last weekend in Oct is Melbourne Cup weekend and in this instance, it's not negotiable.

Other thing to consider is all the good parks will book out quickly so back to square 1 unfortunately.

as if people stay in shepparton to go see the melbourne cup 188kms away

and melbourne cup is the firt tues in november

AAMI Derby Day is 29th october but again i doubt people would stay @ shepparton to go there

I did a quick search and there are around 7 hotels/motels along the main stretch. Country comfort one has rooms available and not heaps expensive. $109/night 4 star (twin share).

While I won't be attending, I can recommend to ya'll to spend an extra day (maybe two) and head east along to Bright or Myrtleford. The Great Alpine Road runs from Wangaratta up to Mt Hotham along the ovens river, and connects to Hotham, Falls Creek, Mt Buffalo and Mt Beauty, all excellent roads with some of the greatest scenery this country has to offer.

You won't regret it.

-D

Country Comfort looks good guys........which actual nights are we staying though....and is it 2 or 3 nights?

EDIT: Just saw Dion's post

Event SummaryFri 28th - Arrival into Shepparton during the Day/Night <- Arrival into Shepparton.....

Sat 29th Day - Track day @ Winton Raceway

Sat 29th Evening - Finger food/group function & Track Day Trophies

Sun 30th - Show'n'Shine @ Shepparton Showgrounds. Trophies for S'n'S in the afternoon.

Mon 31st - Depart and head home from one awesome weekend!

So looks like 3 nights.....arriving 28th and departing 31st

would be different with cabins Steve cause you'd get a bunch of them that fit up to 6 people.....most rooms (other than the 1 family Room) will only accommodate 2 or 3.

As long as peeps know where the majority are staying, they are then responsible for the booking and money side of things :/