SAU Community

Stolen Silver 180Sx, Black Bonnet, Blue Side Skirts

GHOSTrun

Stolen silver 180sx, stands out - black Bonnet, blue side skirts, territory wheels on back. Lots of Sticker. Micks old 180sx from All Performace Garage. stolen from Broadbeach Waters between 8pm - 1am. Any info please contact Zac on 451070389 or Police, thanks.

Number plates may be different to the ones in the picture below, will update post as more info comes to light.

198632_270872032926803_202834106397263_1266489_896423_n.jpg

Edited by GHOSTrun

How do these cars keep getting stolen? This is getting closer and closer to home and I want to know what (if anything) was protecting these cars from theft in the first place... Surely they can't be getting past immobilizers, alarm systems and fuel cuts (yes I understand they can simply load it up on a truck, but not from lock garages)? Sorry to hear another innocent victims car has been stolen :(

Edited by Reflector

How do these cars keep getting stolen? This is getting closer and closer to home and I want to know what (if anything) was protecting these cars from theft in the first place... Surely they can't be getting past immobilizers, alarm systems and fuel cuts (yes I understand they can simply load it up on a truck, but not from lock garages)? Sorry to hear another innocent victims car has been stolen :(

Often wondered that myself. I asked my alarm installer how long it would take a thief to defeat an alarm system and he said if the alarm install is bad, can take 1-2mins to bypass, if it's done well, still only 5-6mins to bypass, this is of course assuming the thief knows their stuff.

Steering wheel locks (i.e. club locks) can be defeated in 30-90seconds with a puller type device readily available to anyone to buy off the internet (they are marketed towards repo guys). So although a good deterant, don't put too much faith in them.

Kill switches, if the thief knows what to look for they can usually find where the owner has put them with a bit of common sense, or they just bring their own tools to manually bypass them, working out what needs to be overcome i.e. fuel/spark etc.

CCTV footage doesn't stop the car from being taken, and in a lot of cases even if it shows the thieves it doesn't mean jack shit to the cops because they can't properly identify the culprits and/or don't have them in custody.

IMO the only safe bet is to have full comp insurance and GPS tracker installed stealthily if you want any (real) hope of retrieving the car, and to try and park it in a secure place.

Edited by GHOSTrun

Saw something like this tonight at about 7:45 headed north on Gympie road. It pulled into the Shell/Maccas on the corner of Newmarket. Was same colour. Dark bonnet. Didn't see wheels or skirts. Plates were different. Had 030 in them. Tint seemed darker also.

If it was the same car it looks different now.