SAU Community

Does anyone know what kinda power a RWD S15 can handel before its required to change gear box, stiffen the chassis and make seriouse internal modifications?

Im looking at getting about 260-300kw out of her.

Im fairly sure ive got the appropriate mods to support such power, i jus need to upgrade my turbo and chuck in a larger flow rate fuel pump.

Any suggestions for fuel pump to use or whitch turbo to upgrade to?

Cheers guys

Does anyone know what kinda power a RWD S15 can handel before its required to change gear box, stiffen the chassis and make seriouse internal modifications?

Im looking at getting about 260-300kw out of her.

Im fairly sure ive got the appropriate mods to support such power, i jus need to upgrade my turbo and chuck in a larger flow rate fuel pump.

Any suggestions for fuel pump to use or whitch turbo to upgrade to?

Cheers guys

Hey man, i had an s15 a few years ago and loved it, first thing to do is add rocker stoppers to the arms; the arms tend to break at high rpm so for like 50bux for the part, its great insurance.

the 6-speed box has a rep to break when driven hard, but how u drive matters. Drive it nice and smoothly/dont slam gears, and it will take 300kw/atm for many years as one guy with a t04z found.

I used a bosch 040 in tank pump which was good and wasnt too noisy

at 250-300rwkw, i dont think you need to strengthen the chassi unless your going to the track. just some swawbars/strut braces should be enough for the spirited street drive.

Turbo, not too sure, its been a while so im sure technology has enhanced since then; the best turbo back then was the trust td06

I think the best low mount at the time was 518z or was it 618z? also by trust

try ns.com, they would have a much better idea as to whats ideal today.

all the best mate

-Johnny

Hey mate

I'm pulling 281kw with 3076r and still have the standard box and no chassis modification.

I don't launch the car or slam gears so the box has been fine for me.

I got Walbro 255pump on special at Shift Performance 255L I think JDM yard has a special on them at the moment

I'm getting a plenum and throttle body upgrade soon and with same boost should hit 300, only 18psi

I don't redline it everyday, race, or slam gears everyday so I think I should be OK lol

Powertune has a couple over 300kw too

• 6 months later...

Hello mate!

Got s15 spec R with standart engine, only V-mount and AVC-R setted for 1.0 kg of boost.

If you aren't going for sports, standart gear box will be enogh. Out drifters here, in Russia, damages 5-7 gearboxes per season, no matter OS giken or standart 5-speed from s14, cause 5- or 6-speed gearboxes not ready for agressive using with power over 400-450 bhp.

And if you going to get more power, then you should look for kits for swaping gearboxes from z32 to your s15. I know Mazworx making such kits, but I can't give you direct link to this product, they got unknown problems with their webpage: http://www.mazworx.com/