SAU Community

Bad News Another Dead Skyline !

Hey everyone...

we if you seen my past thread about my brothers car (r33 gtst) and how the engine died well it had a hole in piston number six, tonight we swaped the avc-r boost controller from that car to my other brothers car (r33 gtst) and we took it for a strap.... max boost we put it in was 1bar but it was reading 12psi (due to duty cycle etc) but as we were driving it suddenly cut out and the engine it died.. when we pulled up it started sounds like the car thats already blown up.. white smoke an piston number 6 is full of oil!! so is the spark plug. so we have no idear what has happened here except to question the avc-r.... the same avc-r has blown up 2 rb25det engines (piston number six) ?

could this be a fault in the system ?

what should you surgest we do ?

Thanks,

Cam

Thats a tough

if you wired it correctly, its hard to see how it could be the cause of your engine failure.

If u wired it incorrectly...u could have seen 2 bar and.... BOOM!

The only way i can see a boost controller contributing to engine failure is excess boost.

ermm did have another boost gauge apart from looking or reading the out put of the AVC-R.... if the reading is from another boost guage and the reading from the AVCR is the same then there should not be problem with wiring... if you dont have a boost guage then MAY BE you are receiving wrong information..... i always dont trust boost reading from a boost controller...

Hey everyone...

what should you surgest we do ?

Thanks,

Cam

1. Buy a used engine off these forums (MattR has a couple at the right price).

2. install a GTR / Bosch fuel pump

3. Replace fuel filter & plugs at the correct g a p

4. Get the injectors ultrasonically cleaned

5. Get aftermarket engine management

6.Get it tuned by a pro, on a dyno !!!

If it's a stock turbo it won't live very long at 1 bar pressure. Expect it to throw the exhaust wheel into the cat, destroying it, and potentially being spat back into a valve and.... why am I so unlucky....... engine #4...

Educate yourself about your particular vehicle. Then you can modify it -effectively- that's the whole point of these forums.

Stock RB25's just won't take sustained detonation. End of story.

yeh it might of been running lean... as on the dyno it was running 30:1 afr at 14psi. but it was only running 11-12psi on boost guage and avc-r so it shouldnt have leand too much. but i think cause the avc-r ran propper boost throught it and it was on 12psi at 3000k all the way to redline, and engine couldnt handle it.

some advice get a fuel pump before boosting your car !

cheers Big datto, ive still got a couple rb25det engines ready to be dropped into a car.

Cameron, feel free to pm for details cheers Matt