SAU Community

!!!URGENT!!! rb20DET NOT BOOSTING!!!

hey guys, finnaly after over a month got my r31 with the rb20det conversion done, got fmic ready but not on the car yet so its just piped direct from turbo to engine. i know it not good to run it this way but its temporary till i get my next day off. its been running fine, crept it home and to work hitting at most 1-3 psi most of the time spent in vaccum. then just as i got home, noticed it stopped producing boost, boosts up to 0 psi???? andy suggestions?? could i have fryed my turbo or should it be ok with no intercoooler driven gently???

Check all the pipes, maybe you've popped a pipe off somewhere...

J

THEY ALL LOOK GOOD, COULD THE TURBO BE STUFFED FROM OVERHEATING?? IF IT WOULD OVERHEAT DRIVEN SO GENTLY??

correction!!!!!! THE CAR IS PRODUCING BOOST OK, JUST TOOK IT FOR A RUN, BUT IF IM IN NUETRAL WHEN I REV IT IT WONT BOOST, AND I AM REVVING IT TO LIK 4 GRAND, FOOT DOWN 3/4 OF THE WAY BUT WONT GO PAST 0 PSI???, ONLY WHEN IM DRIVING???

Yeah dude you won't really get a reading on the boost gauge if there is not much load on the engine. The most you will get is about 1psi or so but even then you will still have to rev it to redline to even get that. If you have a atmospheric venting BOV you will still hear it vent though because there will be pressure built up in the intake.