SAU Community

DUEL lead up to Jamboree (Performance Diary)

This years Jamboree at Willowbank on the 21st of September will see the inclusion of import 6 cylinders. I am racing my R32 and my mate will race his S13 (RB20DET).

We have spent a lot of time on the dyno of late and have finally got the HKS cam gears dialed in to perfection. We were able to get 15rwkw EXTRA right accross the rev range which took the power figure for the RBS13 to 232rwkw @ 18psi. My car will go in this week for the gears to have their final tune and the timing advanced for more power and torque. I have also made some significant changes to my car since I last ran.

On my last run (13.7) I had my TEIN suspension which prevented the rear of the car from squatting thus stopping vital weight transfer. I have since replaced these with some stock shocks and springs, the car really squatts and launches much better and the general ride is heaps softer but cornering is not quite as good. After Jambo I will fit bigger sway bars and slightly lowered springs while still maintaining the rate.

The second area of attention was the tyres. I have 18" rims and would like to keep them on for the drags to show the true performance in street trim. On my last run I had 235/40/18 FALKEN ZE326 tyres which were badly worn and on a huge negitive camber so grip was not good and prevented me from launching over 3000rpm. I have replaced these with 235/40/18 FALKEN ST115 AZENIS which are nice and sticky and should solve the traction issue as well as possible without going to semi slicks.

The third area was the clutch, a new custom built DCS ultra heavy duty single plate was made and installed and now the car drives like a new car.....I now know how much power I was loosing through undetectable slip. Chirping third when driven hard the clutch is only 1 week old and will be good for some quick times at the drags.

The final thing I have changed is the top intercooler pipe from the throttle body to under the battery, the original one had a couple of small leaks and now with the new one installed the car is pulling really hard.

After the dyno tune this week I will post the findings. I have decided to run a higher ron fuel for Jambo as the qualifying is during the day and I don't want to risk any detonation in the heat. I am also removing my cat and dumping the exhaust out under the car for that added sound effect (has no effect on performance)

I wish everyone luck at Jamboree and hope to catch up with you all.

Cam & the DUEL guys.....:D

Well! Well! Well! .......going for it eh Cam,....don't line up beside me will you :D I had some plans but, alas , I'm in the same state as Dragcombat. Haven't even been able to get it on the dyno with toluened fuel. I was mainly hoping to get some practice in so I could work out an achievable dial in time but didn't manage that either............. anyway I'll see you there.. Break a Leg :(