SAU Community

Lc4 Flash

RCCC

is the transmission hardware in 2011 and earlier cars identical? Would LC4 damage the earlier cars ? Lastly Martin, which gearbox program is better? the AP or the Nissan LC4?

Thanks

Yes, we have been doing this for a few months now. Nissan cant do it with the Consult to the best of my knowledge.

Speedah on here has 2011 LC4 in his 2010 ADM GTR :)

+1 dead keen to know if "LC4" is simply software or are the internals upgraded as well.

is the transmission hardware in 2011 and earlier cars identical? Would LC4 damage the earlier cars ? Lastly Martin, which gearbox program is better? the AP or the Nissan LC4?

Thanks

How does Nissan warranty the LC4 at 4000rpm launch but not the previous programs?

software only

4000rpm launch is right at the limit of what the stock tyres + stock power can translate to forward momentum

if your car is mod'd, id opt for a lower launch rpm

How does Nissan warranty the LC4 at 4000rpm launch but not the previous programs?

as long as you use LC with VDC-R you're fine

my 2010 activates LC with VDC-R

this was discussed here a while ago at length, and pretty sure the 2009 ADM guys said they can activate LC with VDC-R too

software only

4000rpm launch is right at the limit of what the stock tyres + stock power can translate to forward momentum

if your car is mod'd, id opt for a lower launch rpm

When I asked Mizuno-san, face to face, at Philip Island 2011 GT-R launch, if Nissan would honour its much publicised promise to offer upgrades to 2009/2010 cars to 2011spec LC4 ,

his answer was: "not possible, veeery sorry, different internals"

So there.down.gif

Transmission hardware for the 2011 GR6 is identical to the 2009/2010 cars.

There are some small ancillary differences such as slightly different oil pan design, one fluid magnet rather than two etc. Nothing you would consider a design change. Take that from someone that has stripped both transmissions :)

I honestly fail to see the attraction of a 4k clutch dump

I cant get full traction at 3k, and this was when I was running Cobb and midpipe only

It is actually quite a smooth event in the MY11 at 4,000rpm. I imagine this is why it is now warranted at this higher engine speed.

I had the opportunity to do a few launches side-by-side with with MY09/10s recently and the LC4 program is far superior in that initial phase of a launch.

i can understand that

but what happens when you start putting more power through the driveline

isn't 4k a bit excessive for the amount of grip available? and even if it did hook up, that's alot of energy going through the diffs

i come from semi-manual boxes where LC's put alot of stress on the drivetrain, so LC is not something i go out and play with

perhaps Martin who has rebuilt r35 box's can shed some light on what kind of damage over use of the LC causes, or whether the software is so good it can minimise the damage

Edited by domino_z