SAU Community

Drags Tonight

tricstar

Good to see you down there Davo , slippery as shit alright. :thumbsup:

well this is not what I was hoping to report, but not completely unexpected....

did a couple of very average runs, nothing but wheel spin off the line, was to pussy to torch the clutch :no:

1.9 & 2.0 - 60 foots, 11.7 & 11.9 both 126mph :/ being nice and gentle on the gear changes to the point it was fulling off boost between gears :mad:

So turned the boost up and went a bit more aggressive on the shifting, and destroyed 3rd straight away :whistling: I wasn't too shocked with that result...

managed to limp home with no third and what sounded like someone shaking a can of nuts and bolts under the car, so that gearset will be completely stuffed..

anyway altho not the best sample group, it doesn't look like the shorter standard 1st is any quicker out of the hole than the longer OS 1st, but there are too many other variables, don't know if it was the track last night or what, but I get better hook-up on the street, at barbs and pretty much everywhere compared to motoplex last night..:yucky:

Edited by tricstar

Bit of a bugger, especially about the box. Hope you get it all sorted ready for time attack :thumbsup:

yeah no biggie, was changing boxes this saturday anyway, just hope clutch is still ok, feels alright so I think it is...I'll be good to go with OS box back in, hoping everyone else blows though there stock 3rd :whistling: leaving me for the WIN :nyaanyaa:

Anythings possible with those weak as shit boxes >_<

Ouch mate thats a bit of a bugger. At least you were able to get it home.

My times were shocking,m as i later found out that my boost was spiking then falling away at the higher revs. Start with 12PSI go through the line at 7 :angry: . Fail

Consequently all i managed was a 14.4 second pass. Not great as when i went down last year i was pulling 13.8's all night.

1.9 60 foot time is average for a GTR? o.O

here i was thinking i pedalled it well! :unsure:

I didn't see any R34 GTR at the drags last night ??

Or was that a dig at my 60 foot ? if so, I realise 1.9 is not flash, :closedeyes:

the track was prepped yesterday and looked much grippier..

Good to see you down there Davo , slippery as shit alright. :thumbsup:

well this is not what I was hoping to report, but not completely unexpected....

did a couple of very average runs, nothing but wheel spin off the line, was to pussy to torch the clutch :no:

1.9 & 2.0 - 60 foots, 11.7 & 11.9 both 126mph :/ being nice and gentle on the gear changes to the point it was fulling off boost between gears :mad:

So turned the boost up and went a bit more aggressive on the shifting, and destroyed 3rd straight away :whistling: I wasn't too shocked with that result...

managed to limp home with no third and what sounded like someone shaking a can of nuts and bolts under the car, so that gearset will be completely stuffed..

anyway altho not the best sample group, it doesn't look like the shorter standard 1st is any quicker out of the hole than the longer OS 1st, but there are too many other variables, don't know if it was the track last night or what, but I get better hook-up on the street, at barbs and pretty much everywhere compared to motoplex last night..:yucky:

Hi Richard

Liking the youtube video - what a mean idle, and colour!

What hp are you making atw and briefly what mod's have you done?

Curious as my father has a 33 GT-R V-Spec with some fair mod's and his best so far is a 12.002 over the quater.

Cheers

Hi Richard

Liking the youtube video - what a mean idle, and colour!

What hp are you making atw and briefly what mod's have you done?

Curious as my father has a 33 GT-R V-Spec with some fair mod's and his best so far is a 12.002 over the quater.

Cheers

heres one at the drags, I should be doing 10's but haven't managed one yet >_<

its a HKS 2.8L with TO4Z, and 710 @ the hubs, prob low to mid 600's ATW

you can find all the info you need in "SAUWA members rides" posted in about June this year :thumbsup:

I previously had another R33 GTR with 400rwhp and that ran 12.0 down the quarter ..

• 4 weeks later...

Well guys I went down Wed 14th with my R34 GT-T project complete and I was devastated when it crapped out on the first run ...

Not sure what the go is yet until I get it back on the dyno but basically it coughed as if starving of fuel and I felt as if I lost about 100hp through the mid range but ... here's the twist ... At about 6,500rpm it all comes back and spins the wheels like nothing is wrong

I'm confident there are no air leaks, checked out most of the fuel system but left scratching heads.

Runs fine just cruising around and even hits full boost according to the gauge when I boot it but it just runs like a stock skyline instead of a 342rwhp cammed RB25 haha

Oh well my pb still remains a 13.5sec but once I get the drama sorted I'll be back down with the now R888 tyres so hopefully they will make a big diff compared to my el' cheapo corsa tyres I had before.

By the way Richard, I am highly impresses with your car and thanks for that post! ;-) You must be a very happy man. Absolute awesome ride mate.

I wasn't going to get cocky too soon but ... I do have an RB25/30 conversion under way at Hyperdrive MS. So hopefully have that fairly early next year ;-)

Anyway, hope all is well guys and keep in touch

Thanks,

Brendan