SAU Community

Alarm Installatiion To Central Locking

trickytiger

hey, i'm currently installing a fusion alarm into my R33 and trying to connect it into my factory keyless central locking but in doing this I must of shorted something and the central locking no longer locks or unlocks from the switch, door or remote...

Just wondering if anyone here is able to tell me things to try to get the central locking working again I have checked all fuses, the smart entrance module and the factory keyless module both click when I try to unlock or lock but nothing else happens.

take it to a pro, did you buy that alarm off e-blow, I saw one from Fusion for sale ?

really you could have fried everything from a wire to a curcuit board and if your 33 has a airbag your lucky it didnt hit you in the face from point blank.

ALARMS are best left to a pro for best results..... to many things can go wrong with DIY .even with instructions and wiring guides you have to know what your doing and how to hide it

did you loose anything else , radio, cig light, dome light etc? are you sure you checked everything ??? are you getting any clicking on the relay for the factory locks ?

might be time for aftermarket lock actuators ???

take it to a pro, did you buy that alarm off e-blow, I saw one from Fusion for sale ?

really you could have fried everything from a wire to a curcuit board and if your 33 has a airbag your lucky it didnt hit you in the face from point blank.

ALARMS are best left to a pro for best results..... to many things can go wrong with DIY .even with instructions and wiring guides you have to know what your doing and how to hide it

did you loose anything else , radio, cig light, dome light etc? are you sure you checked everything ??? are you getting any clicking on the relay for the factory locks ?

might be time for aftermarket lock actuators ???

bought it from a car audio shop in Christchurch, New Zealand. Have also done plenty of wiring in cars before, tested with a multimeter to find lock and unlock wires, central locking is the only thing not working and yes there is clicking on the relay for the factory locks. If I can't find where the problem is I will be installing aftermarket lock actuators.

Apart from this problem everything else on the alarm is functioning correctly.

dealer fitted keyless entry in the drivers door?

if so then there are lock unlock wires on the SE unit. I will let you find them but I will say they are there.

yes it is dealer fitted keyless entry.

I already know the lock and unlock wires on the SE unit from the multimeter test, for some reason the central locking all stopped working after tapping into these wires... At this stage i'm seriously thinking about installing an aftermarket central locking system to interface with the alarm (done this on last car that had a completely different central locking problem).

ok factory central locking is working again and alarm also unlocking and locking doors :) pulled the smart entrance module apart and found i'd burnt a hole in the circuit board lol that's why you double check the polarity of the locking systems first... just soldered a bridge across it to fix it.

Just one other thing now, the drivers door doesn't lock or unlock like it used to with the central locking so guess I blew the motor in that door will have to look to see if it's cheaper to replace the motor or get a 2-wire actuator for that door.

no it will be a separate feed. if this is a S3 then the actuator will be in another module. if its S2 then there will be a unit in the door. actuator will be fine as it takes a hell of a lot to kill one.

no it will be a separate feed. if this is a S3 then the actuator will be in another module. if its S2 then there will be a unit in the door. actuator will be fine as it takes a hell of a lot to kill one.

ok thanks, i'll take the door panel off and have a look to see if there's a unit there

IF there is a module in the drivers door it will be INDEPENDENT of the SE unit. you will need to bringhte actuator wiring OUT of the door and REMOVE the extra unit AND modify the harness to suit.

if this sounds too hard - stop.

IF there is a module in the drivers door it will be INDEPENDENT of the SE unit. you will need to bringhte actuator wiring OUT of the door and REMOVE the extra unit AND modify the harness to suit.

if this sounds too hard - stop.

will be doing this soon ;) can't learn things if you don't do them yourself... also do you know a way of disabling the automatic locking over 25km/hr without also disabling the defroster?

Ok did you have remote entry before you started this?

yes remote entry is the dealer fitted one and the drivers door definitely has the factory actuator installed (4-wires go to it, i tested these with a multimeter while locking and unlocking other doors, one has constant 10V on it, the rest showed nothing)