SAU Community

R34 Gtt Seat Replace

Godzilla34

Hi, I want to replace the stock seats in my 34 for after market bucket seats because the stock ones suck and are to uncomfortable I know how to put the rails etc in but obviously a licensed person must install these to pass te safety approval so. Can anyone tell me how much it would cost and where I could most likely get this done at.

You can do it yourself.

you want to get ADR approved rails, otherwise you can get defected for it, as well as a non ADR approved seat.

you cant re-use the rails on the stock seat, as they are combined into the seat, it would be a cut and shut job if you reused them (ie not safe..)

the r34 GTT 2 door, uses different seat rail bolt pattern from ALL other skylines. eg you cant use r32, or r33 rails, or gtr ones, even the r34 gtr seat rail bolt pattern is different.

I didn't know that you have to get a licensed person to install seat?

But the Autobarn Drift Blade is ADR approved and some other ones out there.

And just because a seat isn't ADR approved, doesn't mean is bad, I don't think Bride seats are ADR approved...

And worse comes to worse, put a seat cover on haha

I didn't know that you have to get a licensed person to install seat?

But the Autobarn Drift Blade is ADR approved and some other ones out there.

And just because a seat isn't ADR approved, doesn't mean is bad, I don't think Bride seats are ADR approved...

And worse comes to worse, put a seat cover on haha

Pretty much. It depends on the quality of the seat. All ADR approval means is that it has been inspected and given the ok based on various health/safety/etc requirements. So you can still get some seats that are not ADR approved simply because they have not been inspected; doesn't mean the seat has failed said inspections.

On the other hand, it's quite possible that you get a seat that has been poorly constructed and ends up being the cause for quite serious injury in an accident.